• DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Weapon Selected: H & K MR556A1;
    Justification: NOT REGULATED BY STATUTE
    Date of Status: 08/05/2014
    Comments: This firearm was originally determined by the Maryland State Police to be a copy of the Colt AR-15. The determination was based on infomation provided by the manufacturer's website. After confirming additional information provided to the Maryland State Police, it would appear that the following internal components of the H & K MR556A1 are not interchangeable with the Colt AR-15; the bolt carrier group, upper receiver, barrel nut, barrel extension with supporting extractor, gas block, piston rod group, piston with rings therefore the H & K MR556A1 is not a copy.

They're just looking at manufacturer websites to determine what's a copy and what's not???

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Wait wut?

Heard about the HK but had no idea about the Polytech. :thumbsup:

Hell, I bought an LRB receiver before 10/1 but I could afford to buy a Polytech way before building the LRB.

Feb 28, 2013

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      50.6 KB · Views: 1,638

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Dude, this means we can put the LRB m14sa in and get it approved. and if that happens I am burning rubber down to A! to get it ordered.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    No ****ing way they keep the Polytech on there. We all know the truth - that this is an M1A copy.

Nice to know piston ARs are ready to go, though.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    About time they realized that. It's not a Springfield Armory M1A.

Maybe one can argue that it's not a copy of an M1A, but a copy of an M14 that's semi auto only (no tab, op rod dismount notch in rear)?

Crap, I wish I had bought one in VA for $650 when I had the chance.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    So if I were to buy a Polytech M14 face to face from an MD resident, I just keep a copy of the screenshot from the MSP site?

Chances are the Chinese never got their hands on an M1A and had to reverse engineer an M14 (from Vietnam?), so the Polytech is not a copy of the M1A.

lilgibby

"man gotta have a code."
    Sep 17, 2011
    Elkton
    Kinda blasphemous don't you think to buy a Chinese knock off of a legendary American rifle ? I mean I want an m1a myself and couldn't pony up the cash to get one before the ban hammer but I don't know if I could bring myself to buy one if it wasn't an "original". Still, I guess that's kinda cool that there is an option there to get something similar.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    So if I were to buy a Polytech M14 face to face from an MD resident, I just keep a copy of the screenshot from the MSP site?

Chances are the Chinese never got their hands on an M1A and had to reverse engineer an M14 (from Vietnam?), so the Polytech is not a copy of the M1A.

All the tooling for the M14 ended up in Korea. I'm sure the Chinese got more than just a look at a M1A.

I think the Polytech M14 gives us another choice besides the AR10. And choice is good. For anyone that did not get a a M1A before the ban, this is a great alternative.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    So 7.62MM one should be not banned either. They say they derived their design from TRW's GI drawings. It is a copy of an M14, not of an SAI M1A.

http://www.762mmfirearms.com/

All the tooling for the M14 ended up in Korea. I'm sure the Chinese got more than just a look at a M1A.

I think the Polytech M14 gives us another choice besides the AR10. And choice is good. For anyone that did not get a a M1A before the ban, this is a great alternative.

Not the ROK, but Taiwan got the tooling and produced it as their Type 57 starting in 1968. But yeah, the Chinese probably got their hands on a rifle or drawings.

Here are some M14's in the ROK. They received rifles only.
    82785289bj3.jpg

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    So 7.62MM one should be not banned either. They say they derived their design from TRW's GI drawings. It is a copy of an M14, not of an SAI M1A.

http://www.762mmfirearms.com/

Not the ROK, but Taiwan got the tooling and produced it as their Type 57 starting in 1968. But yeah, the Chinese probably got their hands on a rifle or drawings.

Here are some M14's in the ROK. They received rifles only.
    82785289bj3.jpg

Chalk it up to my bad memory. So, what about Norinco M14s?

Just looked it up. Same company

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom