• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Anybody have a recommendation on a good orthopedist? My gf has had foot pain for some time and the last guy has done nothing to address her pain. She wore a boot for some weeks then he re-xrayed without providing an aftercare solution beyond "get a pad for your shoes" whereas the GF does a lot of barefoot exercises (yoga, etc.). He wouldn't listen to her about the pain in the ball of her foot, instead focusing on how her toe should hurt from a stress fracture...that she doesn't have and pressed on it multiple times until it began to hurt.

I would appreciate any leads on someone in the Montgomery County area who you trust and who will listen to the patient.

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    Anybody have a recommendation on a good orthopedist? My gf has had foot pain for some time and the last guy has done nothing to address her pain. She wore a boot for some weeks then he re-xrayed without providing an aftercare solution beyond "get a pad for your shoes" whereas the GF does a lot of barefoot exercises (yoga, etc.). He wouldn't listen to her about the pain in the ball of her foot, instead focusing on how her toe should hurt from a stress fracture...that she doesn't have and pressed on it multiple times until it began to hurt.

I would appreciate any leads on someone in the Montgomery County area who you trust and who will listen to the patient.

I don't do much foot and ankle work. The best foot and ankle Orthopaedic surgeons in the world are located in Baltimore. The foot and ankle centers at Union Memorial and the one at Mercy hospital compete with each other for the distinction.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    dbledoc is handling my knee pain. His reputation within the field speaks for itself. If he says the best foot and ankle docs are in Baltimore than I'd take that as Gospel.

psucobra96

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2011
    I don't do much foot and ankle work. The best foot and ankle Orthopaedic surgeons in the world are located in Baltimore. The foot and ankle centers at Union Memorial and the one at Mercy hospital compete with each other for the distinction.

Do you deal with back pain?

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Thanks fellas - if you can recommend someone who understands sesamoiditis (that's what she thinks she has) then I'd appreciate that. This last fella was a "sports doc" and she wasn't happy. I will tell her about Baltimore and PM Dr. Mintzer.

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    Meanwhile, if she is wearing shoes that cramp her feet or is high heeled, therapy will only take longer.

I have had very painful heel pain but have been able to heal it naturally by wearing minimal shoes with good toebox area.

Good luck.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    My wife broke her ankle in seven places. Highly rated Ortho in Annapolis sucked..... Dr Cerrato (Sp?) at Foot and Ankle Center at Mercy straightened her out.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Annapolis ortho sent my wife to Mercy. No doubts about the national ranking. She used Dr. Campbell, but any doc there is good.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Annapolis ortho sent my wife to Mercy. No doubts about the national ranking. She used Dr. Campbell, but any doc there is good.

Yeah, the head of the center litterally wrote the book on foot and ankle surgery. Little tough to understand, especially when he cusses about the quality of the Annapolis surgery :smack:, but definitely knows his stuff.

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    almost sounds like plantar fasciitis. I'm dealing with that for nearly a year now. New shoes with better sole, new inserts, exercises, and a shot of cortisone so far.
    good luck finding two that agree on a diagnosis.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Hmmm, we may have to talk at some point in the near future...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom