• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sam Salvati

blacksmith
    Apr 22, 2013
    Finksburg
    Hmm there’s a mcarbo fully upgraded one with mags for sale in the classifieds right now ready to go 150$ less than retail that’s only had two mags through it

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Geez, kicking myself as,

I just cleared the folders out on an email account I only use for online vendors and just discovered I missed out on Mcarbo’s 20% off store wide Black Friday sale.

Doh!

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    I bought the "all in one performance trigger bundle". Gotta say, my stock trigger wasn't awful. It had a 6lb pull. The install wasn't too bad either but I had a couple issues. Unscrewing the buffer tube was tough (the sub2k armorers wrench was a necessity) when it finally came off I thought I broke the gun. Basically I did't understand how it tightened and I thought I stripped the threads off the polymer frame. Lol
    (my sub2k had been sent in for warranty service before)

There was a stripped head on a screw that held one of the washers. Luckily I have an extractor set so it wasn't too big of a deal.

My end result was a 2.75 - 3 lb trigger

20220603_212732.jpg
    *****MY ADVICE
    Don't bother with the extended mag release button. I actually prefer the stock button. If taking the frame apart wasn't such a big deal I would put it back in. I'm not sure how many times the buffer tube nut can withstand being taken off and on. Seemed cheap.

Last edited:

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    …Unscrewing the buffer tube was tough (the sub2k armorers wrench was a necessity) when it finally came off I thought I broke the gun. Basically I did't understand how it tightened and I thought I stripped the threads off the polymer frame. …

… I'm not sure how many times the buffer tube nut can withstand being taken off and on. Seemed cheap.

Ruh roh. My triggers, trigger guards and trigger spring kits arrived today but, it never occurred to me to order a sub2k armorers wrench.

Thanks for the write-up and advice and glad to hear you got the trigger pull down that low!

Attachments

• 0548E31D-CCC1-404A-9130-0BA0A71165A2.jpeg
      0548E31D-CCC1-404A-9130-0BA0A71165A2.jpeg
      9.8 KB · Views: 39

jokie

May 27, 2020
    A in AA
    I agree 100% I used to think the plastic feed ramp that came with the sub2k was fine. I ran hundreds of FMJs through it and it was fine. Then I ran 2 mags worth of old JHPs. JHPs chewed a good amount of the plastic feed ramp.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    Ruh roh. My triggers, trigger guards and trigger spring kits arrived today but, it never occurred to me to order a sub2k armorers wrench.

Edit: not finding one on MCARBO website so, wondering if you are humorously referring to a strap wrench (which I completely forgot to pickup when I made a run for some pvc fittings from Home Depot today :-/

Thanks for the write-up and advice and glad to hear you got the trigger pull down that low!
    Does an AR 15 wrench match up?
    Screenshot_20220604-194700.jpg

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Now, THAT’s a good question!

I will have to remember to check (installing the parts that arrived yesterday are now wayyyyyyyyy down at bottom of a list supplanted by warm water activities; and besides, lol,

NOW Y’ALL got me me mental-whittlin’ on holding off until I can order 2 feed ramps (one for Gen 1 .40 and second for Gen 2 9mm …)

(sorta serious side note: at this stage of my life, NO amount of “chew” is acceptable on any feed ramp! :-O

Please guys, no more posts about upgrades, not sure my budget can handle it, lol!

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    …One word of caution... That little sear spring is a "jumping spider" until you get it all back together. It likes to pop off of the pin when you least expect it to do so.

Wow, this thread started in 2016 (!) I see my last post was June 2022 and I’m posting again today to ask:

Anyone else swapped new trigger springs and trigger in recently?

I made a note about the above “jumping spider spring”; however;

I seem to recall (and have just spent the last 20-20 searching and trying to find) someone else’s caution in some separate thread about not really needing to remove screws from both sides at some point of disassembly, because it’s not really necessary (iirc - who knows, I may have some other trigger upgrade thread mixed up in my NyQuil-addled mind right now ugh)

Just curious if there are any other tidbits, warnings, tips +/or tricks anyone can share?
    - tomorrow is a holiday and I’m just coming off a chest cold and stopped the NyQuil this morning so, it appears as tomorrow may be a good day to spend at the bench

I have three to do (one Gen 1 and two Gen 2)

Slowhand

Pre-Banned
    Dec 13, 2011
    In a van, down by the river.
    I did the trigger upgrade, charging handle upgrade, front sight upgrade, buffer tube bumper upgrade, and a little more. I liked it a lot, bought to be a trunk gun. It was cool with a digital camo print. I made nice case from a Milwaukee Fuel tool case. But I saw something shiny on the horizon and sold it to reallocate gun money. Never looked back. It was fun to shoot, but hammered the shoulder for a 9mm. And the cheek weld... sucked.

Last edited:

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    Not to side track anything, but can any of you recommend a folding stock with a receiver that you can drop a g19, g17, or g21 into? It is similar to the 2000 but uses the standard barrel on the g frame? While hiking this could extend the range of your sidearm.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Not to side track anything, but can any of you recommend a folding stock STABILIZING BRACE with NOT a receiver that you can drop ATTACH TO a g19, g17, or g21 into? It is similar to the 2000 but uses the standard barrel on the g frame? While hiking this could extend the range of your sidearm.

FIFY. Pesky little things, those federal gun laws, I know ….

Are these what you’re looking for?: https://www.pewpewtactical.com/best-glock-conversion-kits/

I can see how ^they^ - attaching a brace to a handgun - might increase your “stability” / ability to aim (aka - reduce your area of movement / “wobble zone”) but, I don’t see how using the same barrel will extend any sidearm’s (or cartridge’s) actual ‘range.’

ETA: not-so-funny but, typing ^that^ out and then reading it, I can actually see such a farcical statement - “attaching a brace to a sidearm extends its range” - as something Biden could be seen and heard spewing to fawning reporters - and of course a scary % of the American pubic (sic) …

Last edited:

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    FIFY. Pesky little things, those federal gun laws, I know ….

Are these what you’re looking for?: https://www.pewpewtactical.com/best-glock-conversion-kits/

I can see how ^they^ - attaching a brace to a handgun - might increase your “stability” / ability to aim (aka - reduce your area of movement / “wobble zone”) but, I don’t see how using the same barrel will extend any sidearm’s (or cartridge’s) actual ‘range.’

ETA: not-so-funny but, typing ^that^ out and then reading it, I can actually see, “attaching a brace to a sidearm extends its range” as something Biden could be seen and heard spewing to fawning reporters - and of course a scary % of the American pubic (sic) …
    Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the link. Besides my poor wording, these gadgets should help improve the longer range accuracy of the pistol with a standard barrel in a compact light weight package that drop right in like the RT 20 20. Happy New Year

Last edited:

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    Happy hiking!
    On third thought, I'm going to skip this gadget.

PSA: 10" groups at 25 yards on this latest KelTec. 40+MOA. Cool innovative setup w/ the barrel twist and fold option, but something is wrong w/ this one.

KelTec Sub 2000 CQB Integrally Suppressed Carbine: It's Dangerous​

jokie

May 27, 2020
    A in AA

PSA: 10" groups at 25 yards on this latest KelTec. 40+MOA. Cool innovative setup w/ the barrel twist and fold option, but something is wrong w/ this one.

G

Gen 3 is already in their website. It also has a rotating front handguard but not suppressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom