• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Big spike from mid-30's reported in previous polls.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/surprise-gun-ownership-rises-to-44-of-all-homes/article/2600319

Surprise: Gun ownership rises to 44% of all homes
    By Paul Bedard (@SecretsBedard) • 8/26/16 5:30 PM

"After a steady decline in gun ownership in recent years, more homes are reporting having a weapon inside, according to a new survey.

Pew Research Center, in a poll on guns released Friday, showed that 44 percent of the country has a gun in the house. Some 51 percent don't...."

###

It's a start.

Omega21

Nov 27, 2010
    Traveling MD
    According to that survey more democrats own guns than republicans. That could be real, or just an artifact of survey population. It's also a very small sample size which suggests to me that these numbers are very underrepresentative. Assuming they surveyed people in every state and DC, that's less than 40 people per state. Still, encouraging news.

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    And, again, while it is good news it still does not mean that the 2A is safe. I'll warrant a good portion of new gun owners that purchase firearms for protection would still rather see "assault weapons" banned.

The "right" to own a pistol as protection against neighborhood thugs is plenty enough for some people. Just like the right to own a hunting rifle is enough for way too many FUDS.

Still, it's better than declining ownership, I suppose.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    And, again, while it is good news it still does not mean that the 2A is safe. I'll warrant a good portion of new gun owners that purchase firearms for protection would still rather see "assault weapons" banned.

The "right" to own a pistol as protection against neighborhood thugs is plenty enough for some people. Just like the right to own a hunting rifle is enough for way too many FUDS.

Still, it's better than declining ownership, I suppose.

Because they're convinced the government will stop at "Assault Weapons".

Until people die by being shot with Bambi blasters. Then they'll ban Bambi blasters.

And they'll go after semi-auto handguns way before they go after hunting firearms.

The only way to prevent incrementalism, is to keep the gun grabbing door firmly closed. If they get a foot in, it's over.

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    What are you talking about, that's already happening!

Through the tactic of incrementalism, MD has been trying to ban handguns for the last three decades. Since I first got stationed here in 1987, I've witnesses the following:

Sat night special law, 7-day waiting period, Handgun Roster, spent shell casing program, ever decreasing mag limits, video training to buy a handgun, one handgun a month law, and now FSA2013 and the HQL. Probably more I have forgotten about.

They've had their foot in the door for a long time my man!

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    What are you talking about, that's already happening!

Through the tactic of incrementalism, MD has been trying to ban handguns for the last three decades. Since I first got stationed here in 1987, I've witnesses the following:

Sat night special law, 7-day waiting period, Handgun Roster, spent shell casing program, ever decreasing mag limits, video training to buy a handgun, one handgun a month law, and now FSA2013 and the HQL. Probably more I have forgotten about.

They've had their foot in the door for a long time my man!

I'm talking about outright bans at the federal level. As in: Illegal to sell. Illegal to own. Confiscate and crush. We haven't seen that. Yet!

I'm talking about idiots BANNING one type of gun. Then saying "WELP!" that didn't work. Then they'll ban a different kind of gun because people are still being killed. Then saying "WELP!" that didn't work either. Then they'll ban something else. Thinking there's a solution.

We all know it's not the guns. We all know it's the criminals behind the guns. But the pea-brained gun grabber needs to blame the object. Cuzz they wouldn't dare blame the individual.

PS: The Left would be OK if the half the population were to be killed by some other means. Booze, Arson, Drowning, Knives, Smart Phones, etc. But if one person dies due to being shot it's one too many. Sick!

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    According to that survey more democrats own guns than republicans. That could be real, or just an artifact of survey population. It's also a very small sample size which suggests to me that these numbers are very underrepresentative. Assuming they surveyed people in every state and DC, that's less than 40 people per state. Still, encouraging news.

What kind of person is going to answer a poll honestly that asks if you own a gun in the first place? A not too bright one.

Wendigo

Hungry
    Mar 31, 2013
    Reisterstown
    Could be related to less overall households as compared to the past, more people living with family or roommates as adults. Kinda like our low unemployment numbers, due to low labor participation rates.

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    Ok, gotcha.

I don't think the Dem's will try an outright ban of handguns, they will get slaughtered at th ballot box if they try.

However, you can bet your last dollar that they will go down the road of trying to enact incremental tightening of regulations, ie., slowly raising the heat on the frogs if you will. Just as MD has done to us.

A biggie they want right now is regulation of private citizen commerce. They salivate at being able to sink their fangs into into private citizens buying and selling firerms via private sales.

This would create a defacto gun registry.

Not one more inch.

I'm talking about outright bans at the federal level. As in: Illegal to sell. Illegal to own. Confiscate and crush. We haven't seen that. Yet!

I'm talking about idiots BANNING one type of gun. Then saying "WELP!" that didn't work. Then they'll ban a different kind of gun because people are still being killed. Then saying "WELP!" that didn't work either. Then they'll ban something else. Thinking there's a solution.

We all know it's not the guns. We all know it's the criminals behind the guns. But the pea-brained gun grabber needs to blame the object. Cuzz they wouldn't dare blame the individual.

PS: The Left would be OK if the half the population were to be killed by some other means. Booze, Arson, Drowning, Knives, Smart Phones, etc. But if one person dies due to being shot it's one too many. Sick!

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Big spike from mid-30's reported in previous polls.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/surprise-gun-ownership-rises-to-44-of-all-homes/article/2600319

Surprise: Gun ownership rises to 44% of all homes
    By Paul Bedard (@SecretsBedard) • 8/26/16 5:30 PM

"After a steady decline in gun ownership in recent years, more homes are reporting having a weapon inside, according to a new survey.

Pew Research Center, in a poll on guns released Friday, showed that 44 percent of the country has a gun in the house. Some 51 percent don't...."

###

It's a start.

Anti-gun Democratic politicians should take note.

Poll is misnamed though. Should be the pew, pew, pew poll. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom