• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    is it for possible for the new Commander in Chief to enact Constitutional Carry in all 50 States/National Reciprocity?

Last edited:

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    No. They call people with that kind of unilateral power dictators, and dictators don't have a track record of arming the lowly minions they rule. But hey, now there are no excuses for the President and Congress to enforce and apply the Constitution universally.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    He cannot but I guarantee NRA lawyers are foaming at the mouth to get each state to the supreme court.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    If he did, Frosh would simply spend the treasury filing lawsuits to keep from enacting it.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    My opinion is that The states should control this, The President and US Congress should not.
    Too many people argue how a presidential election would decide issues that should and are in the hands of the state.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    My opinion is that The states should control this, The President and US Congress should not.
    Too many people argue how a presidential election would decide issues that should and are in the hands of the state.

Control the issuing of permits, yes, but as for the actual validity of where the permit is good it should be pushed through on a federal level. Just as a drivers license is valid in all 50 states and D.C. a permit should also.
    And no I'm not comparing a right to a privilege just using it to show how the state's control the testing and issuing of but the Feds make it valid all over.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

Do you also feel the states should control free speech? Should the states control the newspapers and TV news?

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    i would think with control over all three branches of gubment, it could be proposed again. gotta get ryan to get off his duff and DO SOMETHING.

NoMoreTreadingOnUs

Apr 2, 2013
    Garrett County
    Do you also feel the states should control free speech? Should the states control the newspapers and TV news?

Exactly. We're talking about an enumerated right. The state laws that infringe (e.g. MD) should be challenged and ultimately overturned by a SCOTUS that includes 1-4 new Scalia-like justices. In parallel, Congress should pass a national reciprocity law.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    So each state should be able to control racial ( ethnic and religous too) segregation ? We went through that in 1960s.

So each state should take their own approach on slavery ? We went through that in 1860s.

The Constitution applies equally through out the country.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    He would probably need an amendment to the Constitution for that. Oh nevermind...

lonzo

Dec 8, 2015
    Moco
    He could make it easier as in EO for ATF/FBI ect by using more resources to speed things up...he could also direct the DOJ by not enforcing certain laws..its not like that hasnt happen before..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom