• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Love my M&P 1.0, except the trigger (even with the Apex duty/carry kit it's not perfect). v2.0 sounds like some good improvements - maybe I can snag one in .45, since I've got 9 and fow-tay covered with the current pistol (drop-in barrels are nice)...

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    My Pro9 was the most inaccurate pistol I have ever owned. Even off the bench it was dismal at best. And it is not the shooter so that is not an issue. Tracked great, highly reliable, sights were way off. S&W service department basically told me to pack sand on a NEW pistol. It was an acknowledged problem with Smith making a couple revisions to rectify it. Glad you got good ones. Have you actually group tested those pistols?

Dr.Duct_Mossburg

Jan 25, 2010
    Harwood, Md.
    Hope they fixed the accuracy issues in 9mm

My Pro9 was the most inaccurate pistol I have ever owned. Even off the bench it was dismal at best. And it is not the shooter so that is not an issue. Tracked great, highly reliable, sights were way off. S&W service department basically told me to pack sand on a NEW pistol. It was an acknowledged problem with Smith making a couple revisions to rectify it. Glad you got good ones. Have you actually group tested those pistols?

I have... My models are all over as well... One from 2008, another from 2013 and the other is a 2015. I've grouped extremely well with factory Fiocchi 115gr with factory barrel. Winchester white box tends to have some fliers but i place that on the ammo.

I compare this to my glock 19, 36, 17 MOS and 92f. All of my guns have either Trijicon sights or Dawson precision. I did shoot with the stock M&P sights for a long time with no issue.

That being said... Maybe ergo of the frame plays a part for many shooters and the build of their hand vs. the frame. I don't shoot my glock's nearly as well though I like the way the 17 fits to my hand over all of the other guns but when the gun goes bang, bang, bang... my groups aren't as well placed.

Dr.Duct_Mossburg

Jan 25, 2010
    Harwood, Md.
    I'm really excited for Maryland to add this to the roster so I can pick one up. Thought about ordering now and having it wait at my FFL so I can have it that much faster. lol

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    S&w just released the updated version of the M&P. Looks like new trigger, grip texture, full length steel insert in the frame, an additional grip size insert ,and a upgrades finnish. So far only available in 9 and fotay. http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/12/17/smith-wesson-mp-m2-0/

I have an M&P40 that I love, might be my favorite pistol that I own. I'd get one of the FDE 2.0's in 9mm in a heartbeat except for THAT DAMN SAFETY. Still can't figure out why they don't offer the FDE without it but they do in black. :sad20:

Dr.Duct_Mossburg

Jan 25, 2010
    Harwood, Md.
    Any update on these things being on the next roster?

Got my hands on one today at the show... dayum I like. Stippling needs to be knocked down a bit but the gun felt great, had awesome ergonomics and just felt better balanced than the Gen 1. I want 2.

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    I recently purchased the M&P M2.0 5" FDE 9mm and love it. Just installed a Storm Lake 5.71" threaded barrel and it fits fine. Greatly improved trigger, grip texture is very rough, even more so than my Glock RTF2.

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    I recently purchased the M&P M2.0 5" FDE 9mm and love it. Just installed a Storm Lake 5.71" threaded barrel and it fits fine. Greatly improved trigger, grip texture is very rough, even more so than my Glock RTF2.

My wife has a deposit on hers at our local gun shop, but it was my understanding it was not on the roster yet and they are hoping/planning for it to be added this week at the meeting. We might just end up with two of them since I really like the feel of it as well :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    My wife has a deposit on hers at our local gun shop, but it was my understanding it was not on the roster yet and they are hoping/planning for it to be added this week at the meeting. We might just end up with two of them since I really like the feel of it as well :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the same kind of issue I had with the Walther PPS M2 last year. Some FFLs said that it was good to go without it being specifically listed on the silly roster (because it was still a PPS), while others said it was a no-go until it was officially added (including the MSP) - it was finally put on the roster last year but I had already picked mine up from another FFL. As for the M&P, my FFL ordered the M2.0 and transferred it because it is an M&P. Again, some FFLs will say that is good and some will say it is bad. The roster is just totally messed up, poorly organized, and sometimes hard to decipher. But, you will like the gun...all my M&Ps immediately got Apex trigger upgrades, but the M2.0 doesn't feel like it needs it.

tomrkba

Jan 22, 2017
    I have the M2.0 in 9mm. It is fantastic! It fixes the little Glock annoyances that I have been working ariund for years.

mxv100

Feb 14, 2017
    Where did you go shop wise??? I'd love to have one standing by with a deposit til it gets approved.

tomrkba

Jan 22, 2017
    Where did you go shop wise??? I'd love to have one standing by with a deposit til it gets approved.

Oops...Virginia Arms since I still live in VA. However, given what I've read about the process for getting a new handgun on the roster, you should be able to have it transferred to your LGS. Virginia Arms is in Manassas and they had a few M2.0 pistols in stock. Call and ask!

mxv100

Feb 14, 2017

Where exactly did you go to get yours?? All the ones near me won't even order it til it's on the roster

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom