Which is better Rem Tac-14 or Moss Shockwave?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which do you like better, more likely to buy?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ent=2017-05-09&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

Which is better Remington 870 Tac-14 or the Mossberg 590 Shockwave?

Cover.jpg

TAC-14: Capacity 4+1; Shockwave: Capacity 5+1
    TAC-14: Milled Steel Billet Receiver; Shockwave: Aluminum Receiver
    TAC-14: Magpul M-LOK Forend; Shockwave: Corn-Cob Forend w/ Handstrap
    TAC-14: MSRP $443.05; Shockwave: MSRP $455.00
    TAC-14: 14″ Cylinder Bore w/ Bead Sight; Shockwave: 14″ Cylinder Bore w/ Bead Sight
    TAC-14: Shockwave Raptor pistol grip; Shockwave: Shockwave Raptor pistol grip
    TAC-14: Black Oxide finish; Shockwave: Matte Blued finish
    TAC-14: 5.65 Lbs; Shockwave: 5.25 Lbs

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I can easily get a +1 or +2 extension for the Remington and not have it stick much past the barrel. And it's easier to put an angled grip or even front grip on the Remington versus the Mossberg. I might pick up the Remington since I have the Mossberg Shockwave in hand.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Almost a half pound lighter, a retaining strap forend and the capacity for an extra shell over what the Rem carries?

No contest. Mossy!

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Why get the +2 extension? Might as well just have the stock 18.5 inch barrel with the Shockwave grip.

And here is why that matters: the stock 18.5 inch barrel allows round-the-clock truck carry whereas the 14 inch barrel restricts you to handgun transport.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Of the Mossbergs and Remingtons I have owned, experience tells me Mossberg.

Especially the 590...it's a tank.

I wouldn't want the one in the picture posted...it ejects on the wrong side. :D

Last edited:

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Why get the +2 extension? Might as well just have the stock 18.5 inch barrel with the Shockwave grip.

+2 sticks maybe 1" past the barrel. It doesn't add 4" to the length.

And here is why that matters: the stock 18.5 inch barrel allows round-the-clock truck carry whereas the 14 inch barrel restricts you to handgun transport.

Not a problem for me :D In fact, it's a bonus, since it's a handgun, so my concealed carry permit covers me on that.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Oh that's right, you're in Old Virginny.

But still something for non-permit Marylanders to consider is the 24 hour truck carry for the standard defensive barrel w/ Shockwave grip.

That configuration (straight grip) fits right in the bat compartment in a standard softball equipment bag and comes out FAST. Just sayin'.

Attachments

• IMG_7622.jpg
      IMG_7622.jpg
      83.5 KB · Views: 9,496

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Better to camouflage round-the-clock vehicle Carry--and you can pick up a nice, sometimes new, softball bag at Goodwill for eight bucks.

VG-10

Oct 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    I can easily get a +1 or +2 extension for the Remington and not have it stick much past the barrel. And it's easier to put an angled grip or even front grip on the Remington versus the Mossberg. I might pick up the Remington since I have the Mossberg Shockwave in hand.

I thought these needed to be longer than 26". If 26" is the shortest it can be, an "angled grip" would make it shorter than 26". Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Because Mossberg makes a modified Elevator assembly that reliably feeds the mini-shells, boosting capacity to 8 or 9......I vote Mossberg:thumbsup:

VG-10

Oct 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Just re read your post about the mini shells Jim. forgot how the Remington elevators are. So I guess that scraps my logic for one over the other.

Excellent point LONGSHOT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom