• ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    any opinions?

700 Mill Creek Rd, Arnold, MD 21012
    thepointcrabhouse.com
    (410) 544-5448
    Open now: 11AM–10PM

Probably should ask, what's the best, sit down (outside), on/near the water (dock bar), seafood restaurant?

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    the-point-crab-house.jpg

http://www.thepointcrabhouse.com/

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    I like it, decent food and drinks in a nice updated crab-house atmosphere overlooking the creek...but it can get crazy-crowded, esp on Friday and Saturday evenings, first with the happy-hour crowd, then later with dinner.

JoeR

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    That looks awesome.

You have to rotate them before you post, then do a post preview to make sure they're good, then reedit if for some reason they're not.

Ah thanks, it was. :)

couldn't do that from my phone. I think I'll just leave it.

Will try the fried pickles next time, and a different dessert, thanks also Neuton, JoeR, and outrider.

---

here's my review of The Point Cab House & Grill:

Awesome!

:D

Last edited:

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Sadly, the Point can't accommodate my wife's food allergies.

Deep Creek is under new ownership. Oliver's, from Baltimore, and a former manager from Cantler's, are re-doing it now. (Oliver's also owns Park Tavern in Severna Park. We were at PT on Friday. Burgers were good; service needed work.)

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    How does it compare to Deep Creek Resturant?
    I've had some shockingly bad service in the distant past at Deep Creek. I haven't gone back since.

Going to the Point in just a few minutes. They seem to have forgotten that if one party orders steamed crabs and the other orders anything else, the don't want to be served 40 minutes apart.

Don't get the soft crab with the blue cheese, the cheese overwhelms the crab.
    Other than that everything on the menu is a winner. A little cheaper than Cantlers with not quite as good a view, but nicer seating.

We got there just before 5, as we were leaving at 5:50 the wait was 1 hour, on a Monday night.

Last edited:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    How does it compare to Deep Creek Resturant?

Sadly, the Point can't accommodate my wife's food allergies.

Deep Creek is under new ownership. Oliver's, from Baltimore, and a former manager from Cantler's, are re-doing it now. (Oliver's also owns Park Tavern in Severna Park. We were at PT on Friday. Burgers were good; service needed work.)

I've had some shockingly bad service in the distant past at Deep Creek. I haven't gone back since.

Going to the Point in just a few minutes. They seem to have forgotten that if one party orders steamed crabs and the other orders anything else, the don't want to be served 40 minutes apart.

Don't get the soft crab with the blue cheese, the cheese overwhelms the crab.
    Other than that everything on the menu is a winner. A little cheaper than Cantlers with not quite as good a view, but nicer seating.

Deep Creek is a totally different animal I think. I think they are more of a "neighborhood feel". Friends(long time regulars) went last week said Deep Creek was much better under new ownership. They are going to bring some Park Tavern items to DC. I LOVE their french onion soup. OMG

Cantlers sucks. I like seeing Dave Grohl at The Point several times a year.
    I pretty much won't "dinner" at the point. Bar is where it's at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom