• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    This is a massdrop offer. Meaning this price is guaranteed for only a limited time (currently only 3 days left), because they get a large number of people to commit to buy at this reduced price.

You can buy it here:
    https://www.massdrop.com/buy/crkt-voxnaes-batum?utm_source=linkshare&referer=3ZXZ6R

I have an affinity for knives of this blade size, especially when they have slightly larger handles and blade thickness like this.

This CRKT Compact Batum Voxnaes Design, looks to be a step up to any other 'fed building legal' knife I own. It would make an excellent EDC, or even backup camping knife. The thickness and width of the blade let it work a notch or two above its league.

There's a few of us that routinely visit federal buildings (a couple are/were DOJ attorneys) and having a pocket tool/knife blade that is technically legal is a high priority for some of us.

This one is about $25, a very good value, its easily sharpened and will last the average box/letter opener person a lifetime.

AI7B3895_copy_20170801103202.jpg

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Handle is G10 (arguably among the best).

Steel is excellent, but does require sharpening and light oil to prevent rust, as does any other carbon steel.

"CRKT
    Blade: 8Cr13MoV stainless steel with satin finish
    HRC: 58 - 60
    Handle: G-10 and 2Cr13 stainless steel
    Frame lock
    Thumb hole
    Lanyard hole
    Pocket clip for tip-up or tip-down carry on right side
    Compact Version

Blade thickness: 0.15 in (3.7 mm)
    Blade length: 2.5 in (6.4 cm)
    Closed length: 3.7 in (9.4 cm)
    Overall length: 6.1 in (15.5 cm)
    Weight: 3.6 oz (102 g) "

3mm blade is about perfect for most EDC, this blade is slightly thicker.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Only 14 hours left in this drop.

Meaning, you can buy this knife now via Massdrop at this price, after the time is up, they will calculate the savings (the more people that buy, the cheaper the price gets), and coordinate shipping.

Sometimes Massdrop will offer a particularly popular item again at a future date, so if you miss this drop, they may do it again in a few months. As others have mentioned, this knife is also available from Amazon or other places for about the same price.

You can order it here:
    https://www.massdrop.com/buy/crkt-voxnaes-batum?utm_source=linkshare&referer=3ZXZ6R

Roneut

Oct 10, 2010
    If anyone happens to have this knife already, can you provide the exact measurement of the blade? Interested to know for legal compliance reasons. I previously bought the Cold Steel Mini Lawman on recommendation on this Forum because it was advertised as 2.5", but it turned out to be 2.75" (Still like the knife, but can't take it to work).

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    If anyone happens to have this knife already, can you provide the exact measurement of the blade? Interested to know for legal compliance reasons. I previously bought the Cold Steel Mini Lawman on recommendation on this Forum because it was advertised as 2.5", but it turned out to be 2.75" (Still like the knife, but can't take it to work).

I ordered one, can send you measurements when it arrives. Both knives (CRKT & Coldsteel Mini Lawman) are advertised and listed as 2.5" blade. The regular Coldsteel Lawman is .5mm thicker and about an inch longer blade, so it seems strange that you have one that's 2.75", I guess it was measured differently than the maker measures it. Here are some specs: http://www.coldsteel.com/mini-lawman.html

This Massdrop deal is over, but the knife can be found on other websites.

Roneut

Oct 10, 2010
    Got one. I dig it. The action is very smooth and I like the "big knife" feel of it. And it does indeed pass the test of length.

Attachments

• Batum Compact.jpg
      Batum Compact.jpg
      47.7 KB · Views: 278

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Well thats annoying. Can't seem to browse there offerings without logging in via google/facebook/email. Not sharing that without seeing what they have.

I hate that too. I gave up, registered and let them leave cookies; works great now. But lower privacy I know.

I got my copy of this knife about a week ago, and have been carrying it on me and using it constantly. The thickness of the blade really do make it feel like you've got a bigger knife, it's great I'm loving it! Handles are perfect, easy open/close, strong lockup; all around great knife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom