• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    http://dro.ps/b/IvSfx79/l

I've been waiting, for what feels like a year for Massdrop to offer this knife from TOPS, and it just came out. Click the link above to find it quickly (you do have to register).

Searching the top knife websites, those that listed it as available all had it at the same ($170) price or higher (Cabelas). But the way Massdrop works, if enough people commit to buying the knife, they automatically give a 'massdrop' price discount. Looks like there are 7 more days left until this offer is complete, so plenty of time for ~4 more people to get in on this deal then the price drops to ~$145 (lowest price ever that I've seen).

TOHERO01b.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

O/A Length: 11 1/4"
    Blade Length: 5 3/4"
    Cutting Edge: 6 3/8"
    Thickness: 3/16"
    Steel: 1095 High Carbon Steel
    Blade Finish:Black River Wash
    Handle: Black Linen Micarta with Rocky Mountain Tread
    Sheath: Kydex with Rotating Steel Spring Clip
    Weight: 12 oz
    Designed by: Anton Du Plessis, Counter Poaching Unit 101
    MADE in the USA

TOHERO01e.jpg

http://www.cabelas.com/product/TOPS-Knives-Silent-Hero-Fixed-Blade-Knife/2360638.uts

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    When I researched my detecting counterfeits, I learned most of the fakes came through Ebay, I don't trust them. This maybe a legitimate offer, the price is close, but I'd rather keep my money with companies I already know and do business with. Thanks for the lead though.

e.jpg

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Now that is a nice knife. That you can actually put to work. Splitting wood, cutting up fish, cutting through Bambi's sternum, fielding dressing/skinning Bambi.

I get a kick out of folks who try to split wood by beating on the blade of a small folder with another chunk of wood and then bitch when the knife falls apart in their hands.

The one pictured seems well made at a decent price. Looks like the grip could be a bit larger though.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Now that is a nice knife. That you can actually put to work. Splitting wood, cutting up fish, cutting through Bambi's sternum, fielding dressing/skinning Bambi.

I get a kick out of folks who try to split wood by beating on the blade of a small folder with another chunk of wood and then bitch when the knife falls apart in their hands.

The one pictured seems well made at a decent price. Looks like the grip could be a bit larger though.

These are my thoughts exactly. What appealed to me most about this knife is that it has a general chef's knife shape, so I believe it would be great for the things you point out in the skinning/kitchen-craft camping setting, but beefy enough to be used for heavier duty chores of fire and primitive camp building.

If there could be one, do pretty much 'it all', I'm thinking this would be the ideal knife for most all, camping, hiking, hunting, even more extreme/rare use. I don't think it's absolutely perfect at any one thing, but probably the best overall design I've seen.

I also do like the narrower grips, and one of my uber knife guru friends showed me his custom knife that he added some rubbery like specialty material (I forget what its called), and wrapped it, so you can easily make the grip bigger if you like; but smaller not so easy.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Thx CSMan. That's an even better video than the one I was going to post:

Looks like there were enough folks to get in on the drop that Massdrop 'dropped' the price to the lowest offered, $145, shipping extra, and estimated to be delivered mid November.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom