• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    Just wanted to give a thumbs up to these guys :thumbsup:

After making a commitment to buy a riffle on a forum from an out of state seller, I was shocked to find out the guy that I had been using for transfers had moved out of the state. I called five of the FFL's listed on gunbroker for transfers in this area only to find out they had ether moved on, or got no reply, and one of them didn't have time to mess with a transfer. WTF

So I stopped in A&D they where happy to do the transfer even though they had the same firearm new in stock on their rack.
    Very pleasant folks to deal with and I will definitely pay them a visit first when I'm in the market for another gun.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    They're a nice bunch of guys in there. I stop in every 6 months, or so to drop off some MSI flyers and look in the used handgun case...sometimes there are gems in there.

I wonder if you considered using the Industry Partners page here to find one of the fine folks who help pay for privilege. Some of them give mdshooters members a small discount to transfer with them. It's where I would go first, but I'm guessing you were already buying from Gunbroker, so you just worked it out from there.

ETA: What rifle do you get?

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    A ported JM 1895 Guide Gun, man what a hoot to shoot!!!
    I didn't intend to disrespect any IP's here.
    8whx6p.jpg

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I stopped buying from A&D when they wouldn't release on the 8th day.

If they would have been up front and told me that I would have respected their decision, but of course would have moved on to purchase somewhere else. Found out the hard way and they lost a customer.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    A ported JM 1895 Guide Gun, man what a hoot to shoot!!!
    I didn't intend to disrespect any IP's here.
    8whx6p.jpg

There's some really appealing to those and that looks like a nice one. I'm all caught up in action shooting, so there isn't much left over for one. I'm old and there isn't much action shooting left in me, so I may end up with one yet.

I wasn't calling you, just and FYI.

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    I put up with one of the guys bragging about how he would love to run a motorcyclist off the road if they were speeding.
    I put up with crap attitude.
    I stopped dealing with them when they tried screwing my wife in a transfer.
    Glad you had a good experience. Haven't set foot in there in years. Couldn't pay me too now.

Out of curiosity did they charge you MD sales tax on the transfer ?

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    A&D was my favorite gun shop until they started that ammo log ********. I haven't been back since.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I am in there at least once a week. Always a decent selection of used stuff in there. Jimmy is quite the talker, but I like him. Not the consummate gun expert, but knows enough.
    The wacko rednecks on the "pawn side" right side as you walk in, the one can't stop running his ******** mouth though. I never deal with him.

BurtonRW

Oct 19, 2007
    Pasadena
    I haven’t been in there in years, but I think about half of my safe is filled with purchases from Jimmy and Gill.

-Rob

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    I'll admit I haven't been for awhile, but have made a few purchases from them. Yeah, got no time for the dude on the pawn side. Whatever happened to Gil? Pretty good dude even though he did upsell me a Colt 1911 instead of the SA I had ordered.

Billman

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    May 18, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    I've not been by the store for several years now, Jimmy and Gil were always helpful. I'm curious too, what happened to Gil?

foodpoison

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    the Dena
    Ran into Gil about a year ago at my local bar. I think he said something about dealing in precious metals for employment, don't remember him saying why he left A&D

Steyr40

Mar 3, 2012
    AA County
    I've had nothing but good interactions with those guys. A little pricey, but I like them. Also, I always check out the pawn side too.

rmocarsky

Apr 20, 2011
    Several years ago I was in Bart's Sporting Goods (closed now) looking at Ruger Super Blackhawks.

A few weeks later I was in A&D.

Ordered the same Ruger that Bart's wanted $65 more for.

Rmocarsky

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I stopped buying from A&D when they wouldn't release on the 8th day.

If they would have been up front and told me that I would have respected their decision, but of course would have moved on to purchase somewhere else. Found out the hard way and they lost a customer.
    \
    Same here. Then they raised their prices as well.

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    I put up with one of the guys bragging about how he would love to run a motorcyclist off the road if they were speeding.
    I put up with crap attitude.
    I stopped dealing with them when they tried screwing my wife in a transfer.
    Glad you had a good experience. Haven't set foot in there in years. Couldn't pay me too now.

Out of curiosity did they charge you MD sales tax on the transfer ?

They charged me MD sales tax on a AR10 transfer I️ did with them a few months back.
    Was that not right? Because it seemed like BS. I️ bought the gun already online.

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    They charged me MD sales tax on a AR10 transfer I️ did with them a few months back.
    Was that not right? Because it seemed like BS. I️ bought the gun already online.

Some places do some don't. I honestly don't know which is correct. I knew they used to just wondering if they still did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom