• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 06MegaCTD

Mar 16, 2009
    Hanover
    Hey guys, i got my C&R last week and just got my packet friday. I am moving here in another week so had some questions about the address change form they sent. I am assuming that the Application for an amended ffl form is the address change form right. But is says on number 6 current business address, what is that or do i leave it blank. Cause it also has mailing address and home address section also. And it also says if i am renting where i am moving i have to attach the lease to that form and also give them the info on the owner of the property or is that only say for someone that is actually renting a building for a true ffl.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Hey guys, i got my C&R last week and just got my packet friday. I am moving here in another week so had some questions about the address change form they sent. I am assuming that the Application for an amended ffl form is the address change form right. But is says on number 6 current business address, what is that or do i leave it blank. Cause it also has mailing address and home address section also. And it also says if i am renting where i am moving i have to attach the lease to that form and also give them the info on the owner of the property or is that only say for someone that is actually renting a building for a true ffl.
    I am not totally sure that is the form you are supposed to use, but I am sure boule can answer because he just had to go through this. There are also a few other members here who have had to fill out the form to change address.

If it is the right form, what I would do is to put the place you conduct your collecting activities at, or your address in other words and not your mailing address, but I assume that will be the same anyway.
    As far as the lease part, I assume that is only something for the other FFLs to make sure the zoning is proper to run a business at. If one of the other posters who have gone through this do not respond here, then I suggest you call the BATF office in Baltimore for clarification and to see if you have the right form.

blindnoodle

Livin' the dream!
    Apr 21, 2009
    As far as the lease part, I assume that is only something for the other FFLs to make sure the zoning is proper to run a business at. If one of the other posters who have gone through this do not respond here, then I suggest you call the BATF office in Baltimore for clarification and to see if you have the right form.

If you don't send a copy of your new lease with the documentation you get a letter back saying you have 30 days to do so or else the old license is surrendered and you must start from square 1.

This happened to a family member. No idea if this is SOP or if the paper pusher was being a dick...

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    If you don't send a copy of your new lease with the documentation you get a letter back saying you have 30 days to do so or else the old license is surrendered and you must start from square 1.

This happened to a family member. No idea if this is SOP or if the paper pusher was being a dick...

Then maybe it would just be easier to start over from the gitgo and send in an entirely new aplication for an entirely different license and then end the first one. As I understand it you are alowed to have more than one C&R FFL for two diferent locations as I read it (double check this with the ATF though of course).
    I am plannng on moving to my brother's place in Baltimore someday and this is what I plan on doing depending on what the ATF says.

boule

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Galt's Gulch
    I am moving here in another week so had some questions about the address change form they sent. I am assuming that the Application for an amended ffl form is the address change form right. But is says on number 6 current business address, what is that or do i leave it blank.

Yup, you already got the right form: http://www.atf.gov/forms/pdfs/f530038.pdf Now if you obtained the license for a cooperation or a business you have to go through all the business, mailing and other stuff. If it is just you with a C&R, Name, social, dob, old and new home address and a copy of the lease (yes, they want one). Everything that is related to business is not really applicable as you are not allowed to engage in business with your C&R license.

Oh, and I hope you are giving them notice at least 4 weeks before moving - otherwise they tend to get grumpy!

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    great thread! i was gonna ask the same ?'s because i will be moving at the end of august:party29: and i will be OWNING:D house hunting was fun:rolleyes: i'm so glad the house we fell in love with, didn't have ground rent:thumbsup:

06MegaCTD

Mar 16, 2009
    Hanover
    Well i am only giving them 2 weeks notice cause we just found the place and also I just got the darn license since it took 3 months. So they are just gonna have to deal with it. If they call me I will tell them next time send me C&R out quicker and then i would of been able to give them plenty of notice lol.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Yup, you already got the right form: http://www.atf.gov/forms/pdfs/f530038.pdf Now if you obtained the license for a cooperation or a business you have to go through all the business, mailing and other stuff. If it is just you with a C&R, Name, social, dob, old and new home address and a copy of the lease (yes, they want one). Everything that is related to business is not really applicable as you are not allowed to engage in business with your C&R license.

Oh, and I hope you are giving them notice at least 4 weeks before moving - otherwise they tend to get grumpy!

Can i just print this out, any special instructions like paper color?

jmira

VA Rocks.
    Mar 25, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    I am moving next week and was debating giving up my current C&R and applying for another at my new address due to the copy of the lease thing... glad I read this thread (again)

sje0123

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Abingdon, MD

I'm moving out of my house this weekend and into my new house mid November. What's my best course of action? Do it now or send it off after I am moved? I'm not 100% sure because what if something happens and the purchase of the house falls through for some unforeseen circumstance?

Will it be an issue that I have a lapse in living arrangements?

I am going from an owned home to an owned home. I'm assuming I don't need mail anything like renters do (lease)?

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I'm moving out of my house this weekend and into my new house mid November. What's my best course of action? Do it now or send it off after I am moved? I'm not 100% sure because what if something happens and the purchase of the house falls through for some unforeseen circumstance?

Will it be an issue that I have a lapse in living arrangements?

I am going from an owned home to an owned home. I'm assuming I don't need mail anything like renters do (lease)?
    § 478.52 Change of address.
    (a) Licensees may during the term of
    their current license remove their business
    or activity to a new location at which they
    intend regularly to carry on such business
    or activity by filing an Application for an
    Amended Federal Firearms License, ATF
    Form 5300.38, in duplicate, not less than
    30 days prior to such removal with the
    Chief, National Licensing Center. The ATF
    Form 5300.38 shall be completed in accordance
    with the instructions on the form.
    The application must be executed under
    the penalties of perjury and penalties imposed
    by 18 U.S.C. 924. The application
    shall be accompanied by the licensee's
    original license. The Chief, National Licensing
    Center, may, in writing, require
    the applicant for an amended license to
    also file completed ATF Form 7 or ATF
    Form 7CR, or portions thereof, in the manner
    required by § 478.44.

There is more to this, but maybe I can find more later.

sje0123

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Abingdon, MD
    So essentially it has to be 30 days in advance? That seems kind of impossible due to certain circumstances such as buying a new house. The move isn't guaranteed until the settlement date. How can i lay claim to an address until I actually reside there? I'd basically be saying I lived somewhere before actually living there.

So then what is my best course of action? I settle on the new house November 17th but will no longer be living in my current home come Sunday.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    So essentially it has to be 30 days in advance? That seems kind of impossible due to certain circumstances such as buying a new house. The move isn't guaranteed until the settlement date. How can i lay claim to an address until I actually reside there? I'd basically be saying I lived somewhere before actually living there.

So then what is my best course of action? I settle on the new house November 17th but will no longer be living in my current home come Sunday.

I am sorry, I have looked at the regulations and I cannot find your situation in it. However there might be some wiggle room for you if you pre-arrange it with the ATF, so give them a call.
    § 478.60 Certain continuances of business.
    A licensee who furnishes his license to
    the Chief, National Licensing Center for
    correction or endorsement in compliance
    with the provisions contained in this subpart
    may continue his operations while
    awaiting its return.

Or, you could always discontinue the license and pay another $30 and resubmit an application for a new license once you know you have the address?

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    I talked to a lady at firearm registration about this and she told me to send the info as soon as I could. My situation was a last minute move to a temporary address and she told me it wasn't a big deal. I sent my change of address after the fact and put the date i actually moved and got the corrected license in about 2 weeks.

Tractor Boy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 8, 2008
    Severn/Greenbelt/Iraq
    I talked to a lady at firearm registration about this and she told me to send the info as soon as I could. My situation was a last minute move to a temporary address and she told me it wasn't a big deal. I sent my change of address after the fact and put the date i actually moved and got the corrected license in about 2 weeks.

I hadnt done the change of address on mine yet..... and been livin here 2 months, but going to have to do it soon as I will be moving again

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    been a few weeks since i sent mine in and i haven't heard anything....

i gotta wait til i get the new license with new address before i can get anymore toys:mad54: i want to crisin the new home with a mosin:)

sje0123

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Abingdon, MD
    I have yet to do this. Finally settled on the new house monday. I'll just do it and leave out the fact I have already moved. My mail is forwarded from my old address anyway so no biggie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom