• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 06MegaCTD

Mar 16, 2009
    Hanover
    i have an extra form is anybody needs one. But it takes about 2 months for the new one to come in after the change just to let you guys know

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I have to mail a second copy to my CLEO correct?

You have to give or send them a copy. The way I read it that means I could do it electronically so I scanned mine and emailed the photocopy to my CLEO. I do not advise you do this without calling and asking the Baltimore field office of the ATF first though.

jmira

VA Rocks.
    Mar 25, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    I mailed in the address change form and a copy of my lease end of feb, and I still have not gotten back an amended license. maybe its time to call..

jmira

VA Rocks.
    Mar 25, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    so I called up today, waiting 3+ months just so I didnt 'bother them'..

nice lady told me it was processed on march 3rd and I should have gotten a copy..

anyway.. so much for being nice and waiting..

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    zombie thread!!!!

Trying to change my C&R address and have found two different sets of directions:

1. print and fill out 5300.38
    If I do that do I need to send a copy of my lease? I don't have one. I'm renting my parents' other house.

2. Send a letter to my CLEO and the nice people in Martinsburg, WV saying where I'm moving from and to with my license number.

What have you guys done?

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    To the resident C&R expert:
    I have two homes: one in MD and one in WV. The one in WV will be changed to my primary resident address and MD would become my secondary address.
    Question: According to the ATF, if I understood properly, the address I use on my C&R (currently MD) is the address that is my "receiving address" and the firearms must be stored there. If I did a change of address , so that WV is the "receiving address," then I would have to move my C&R firearms to WV. Also, I'd have to order C&R firearms from other states (interstate) to receive in WV. But, after the address change, could I therefore buy C&R in MD and receive in WV - having a home in MD?
    I get the impression that ATF doesn't care what home is you primary one (emphsis added), they just want to know where you are receiving the C&R and that it is the same address that is on my license. How would you handle this? Any suggestions?
    One thing I could do (more costly), is leave my existing MD C&R alone and continue to renew it when due. At the same time I could submit a new C&R application to be able to buy C&R from my WV address. In other words, I'd have 2 C&R "receiving locations (two licenses). My understanding is that one can have a C&R license for more than one location. Bottom line, I could order C&R firearms from either state that I am currently staying in. This isn't really my question, but coud I order fron WV, when in MD, and order from MD when in WV?
    What would be your best solution, if you lived in two states?
    I have to make sure it is a legal answer to the situation.
    Thanks for any help provided.

Hicap

Magazine Clips
    Jun 10, 2012
    Bringing this thread back from the dead once again. Well my dreams of moving to Va have been crushed and I'll be moving to another place closeby. So now I have to do a change of address for my c&r license, I just printed the form out. So from what I gathered I need to do the following:
    1. Fill out form
    2. Attach lease( do I have to attach the whole lease or just the 1st page? Or do I even need to attach a lease at all.)
    3. Send to ATF( do I have to turn in my old c&r license?)
    4. Send to CLEO( I forgot who's the CLEO for MoCo?, please remind me. Do I send them lease too?)
    5. Wait patiently.... Again :(

I guess its kind of a good thing, I can let my wallet take a rest for a while. With my luck a bunch of sales will pop up. Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom