• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Had an Amazon gift card that was burning a hole in my pocket so I bought a roll of this Rubberized Grip Tape that I've heard good things about, "Safe Way Traction Rubberized Safety Tape". A 12 foot by 4 inch roll runs $26, and that's enough to do a bunch of guns.

Sat down this morning and made templates from ordinary printer paper, traced them out on the backing of the grip tape, then cut them out with good sharp scissors. The backing from the tape is sturdier than paper so I saved those to use as templates in the future. The stuff goes on easy and conforms like you wouldn't believe, it's made for boats so it's about as moisture resistant and durable as anything available. It's not thick, so it doesn't make your grip feel bulkier. The stuff has a great feel to it and I prefer it over all the pre-cut commercial grip tape products I've tried thus far.

Pictured below are two Glock 23's I did this AM, I didn't put tape on the backstraps because they are heavily stippled to begin with, so no "grip enhancement" is needed there for my purposes.

Attachments

• IMG_0241.jpg
      IMG_0241.jpg
      114 KB · Views: 431
    • IMG_0242.jpg
      IMG_0242.jpg
      94.4 KB · Views: 436
    • IMG_0243.jpg
      IMG_0243.jpg
      79.4 KB · Views: 423

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    Good to know - thanks! I have the Talon grips but this looks like a good alternative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Shoobedoo,

Great suggestion! I was thinking about options for my glock and I found this in the search results. It sounds like a great idea and I'm going to give it a try. I like how the way allows you to tailor the pattern and also you can adjust the level of "aggressiveness."

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Looks nice. I went ghetto and put grip tape from HD or Lowes on my G26. It actually looks pretty nice.

I don't CCW, but if I did, the stuff I used would be too abrasive.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    This thread revival was giving me upgrade envy. I picked up a pack of Foxx grips on amazon for $13. Pretty easy to apply. Add a little head from the heat gun and they seem to confirm really nicely.

e6e49973b9532e64948a145cc0f21e32.jpg

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    This thread revival was giving me upgrade envy. I picked up a pack of Foxx grips on amazon for $13. Pretty easy to apply. Add a little head from the heat gun and they seem to confirm really nicely.

e6e49973b9532e64948a145cc0f21e32.jpg

Being as these things are glued on with pressure sensitive adhesives, I wonder how well they hold up under high temps, recoil, and hot hands.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Being as these things are glued on with pressure sensitive adhesives, I wonder how well they hold up under high temps, recoil, and hot hands.

I put Talon grip tape on my G17 then went out the next weekend and put ~450-500 rounds through the firearm over two days during a defensive handgun course. Temps were in the high 50's mid 60's. -- No issues (so far).

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country

I got then pretty hot with the heat gun and they were on there tightly. I intentionally tried to pick at the edges and I felt they were secure. I’ll see how they work out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom