• ...and so much more!
  • BigCity

retired undertaker
    Oct 24, 2007
    Carroll County
    Saw this article on Knuckledraggin.com

Civil Disobedience Against Gun Control
    Posted on January 17, 2019 by DRGO

[Ed: We are reposting with permission Dr. Latebloomer’s 10/31/18 piece from GATdaily because it highlights the failure of restrictive gun laws. New Jersey also outlawed “high capacity” magazines as of December 10 and, earlier, bump stocks. Exactly zero of each were turned in prior to those laws’ effective dates.]

The word “Resist” seems to have become a liberal battle cry these days. But what most people don’t realize, and what the mainstream media avoids telling the public is that “Resist” is exactly what firearms owners have been doing for literally decades in the face of unconstitutional gun laws. The level of civil disobedience to arbitrary firearms regulation has been truly staggering – and not just in the United States.

Here is a review some of the most recent examples:

Vermont

The recent abysmal failure of the state of Vermont’s Bump Stock Amnesty, is a perfect illustration of the recalcitrance of the general U.S. population when it comes to gun control.

In case you missed the news on this particular law, Vermont had an amnesty in place with an October first deadline which allowed owners of bump stocks to surrender them (uncompensated of course) to the state police. After the deadline the penalty for being in possession of a bump stock became a thousand-dollar fine and up to a year in jail.

With that looming penalty, how many bump stocks were surrendered by Vermont citizens during the amnesty? TWO. No really – two. Not two hundred. Just two.

Yes, a whole two evil bumps stocks were removed from the streets of the Green Mountain State. I’ll bet residents feel safer already.

New York

Speaking of “Safer”, the New York State SAFE ACT – the middle-of-the-night rape of New Yorkers’ gun rights in 2013, requiring the registration of all “assault weapons” in the state – resulted in a massive 4% compliance rate. The size of the giant middle finger that New York gun owners gave to their state government was so embarrassing, that it required a two-year court battle to force the state to release the actual numbers under a FOIA suit.

Connecticut

New York’s neighbor Connecticut fared only slightly better with their own gun registration plan, netting a pitiful 15% compliance rate among the state’s “assault weapon” owners.

California

And then there is California. “Commiefornia” managed a whole 3% compliance with their latest assault weapons registration plan involving “bullet button assault weapons”. Apparently even Californians don’t like their own state government.

Despite what the media and gun grabbing liberals would have us believe, Americans aren’t the only ones resistant to gun registration and confiscation schemes either. Resistance in other countries is also quite high.

Australia

Remember the Australian model of gun control that Hillary and Obama kept going on and on about? What they didn’t tell you is that Australia’s “Buyback”/Confiscation achieved only an estimated 20% compliance rate. Hundreds of thousands of firearms owners in Australia did not cooperate. As a result, in the “be careful what you wish for” department, there is now a raging black market in firearms in that country.

Canada

Canada instituted a long gun registration scheme back in 1995. Not only did retrospective studies fail to demonstrate a positive effect on homicide rates, those “Nice Canadians” largely failed to register their long guns until the shockingly expensive scheme (some 2 billion dollars) collapsed under it’s own weight and was scrapped in 2012. If those notably polite and law-abiding Canadians refused to comply, why would anyone expect that Americans would react any differently?

With all of this evidence that gun control schemes not only don’t work, but that civilian populations are uncooperative and even contemptuous of such laws, WHY do liberal gun grabbers continue to push such an agenda?

They apparently fail to remember the adage that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. What that adage says about them is not particularly complimentary.

If nothing else, this data is heartening for gun owners. Our brothers and sisters in arms are not lying down in the face of arbitrary and unconstitutional gun legislation. They are fighting in the courts, and fighting in the only other peaceful ways available to them – by exercising their right to vote, and by refusing to comply.

DrFrau2sml
    —’Dr. LateBloomer’ is the pen name of a female general pediatrician (MD, MPH, FAAP) who enjoys competitive shooting sports, including IDPA, USPSA and 3-Gun. Evil semi-automatic firearms are her favorites.

All DRGO articles by ‘Dr. LateBloomer’

JakeThePit

Mar 11, 2018
    I'm afraid civil disobedience by a gun owner in Maryland would result in getting on the wrong side of the "Red Flag" law. They have really sort of boxed us in.

AntiFa can riot in the streets, beat the crap out of people, destroy private property and the police are instructed to just watch, but if we raise a any sort of a fuss, we have to worry about a knock at the door.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    no surprise that at least some otherwise law-abiding citizens ignore overreaching and unconstitutional gun control laws. and WAY less surprise that criminals as well do and will ignore these, as well as constitutional laws concerning murder, robbery, violence and the like.

JakeThePit

Mar 11, 2018
    no surprise that at least some otherwise law-abiding citizens ignore overreaching and unconstitutional gun control laws. and WAY less surprise that criminals as well do and will ignore these, as well as constitutional laws concerning murder, robbery, violence and the like.

Feel like we are retreating, that legislators have us in their sights and are winning. It's sad that the last line of defense will soon be SCOTUS and unless we seat another constitutional justice, that may not go our way either.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Feel like we are retreating, that legislators have us in their sights and are winning. It's sad that the last line of defense will soon be SCOTUS and unless we seat another constitutional justice, that may not go our way either.

Yep. Fingers will be crossed for a replacement for RBG ASAP. In the meantime, out of state storage is still an option if (when) our GA passes even more unconstitutional bills.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    They missed the NJ "high capacity" magazine turn-in. Zero magazines exchanged hands. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun

Attachments

• wewillnotcomply.jpg
      wewillnotcomply.jpg
      81.6 KB · Views: 1,399

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I think when Maryland and other states start banning 80% lowers there will be a lot of civil disobedience or noncompliance......

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I'm afraid civil disobedience by a gun owner in Maryland would result in getting on the wrong side of the "Red Flag" law. They have really sort of boxed us in.

AntiFa can riot in the streets, beat the crap out of people, destroy private property and the police are instructed to just watch, but if we raise a any sort of a fuss, we have to worry about a knock at the door.

I don’t think so. If they ask you to register things they don’t know about, they won’t know if you don’t comply. Since snooping through your safe is a violation of the 4A, and SCOTUS has ruled that requiring those violating the laws are not required to register because it is a violation of the 5A, I say.......RESIST!!

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

If everyone stands in defiance, do you really think they will red flag over 100,000 people in the state? F them. WE WILL NOT COMPLY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    If everyone stands in defiance, do you really think they will red flag over 100,000 people in the state? F them. WE WILL NOT COMPLY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nobody at all has stood together in defiance.

Plenty have hid in defiance, ask NY, NJ, CT, CA, etc...

I have seen everyone hide stuff unable to actually stand due to fear of being alone and singled out and becoming a felon all alone

I have seen a few cases of individuals caught alone and nobody stood with them. (the guy that caught a felony charge (NY?) for having a 15 or 17 round glock mag. (Some pistol, I think it was a gock) google and you will find. I watched the interview.

I have written on here several times about the lack of solidarity that Americans have shown so far, hopefully people will collectively have the will to stand together in the future and write to and email our politicians and ask for the change we demand.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    nobody at all has stood together in defiance.

Plenty have hid in defiance, ask NY, NJ, CT, CA, etc...

I have seen everyone hide stuff unable to actually stand due to fear of being alone and singled out and becoming a felon all alone

I have seen a few cases of individuals caught alone and nobody stood with them. (the guy that caught a felony charge (NY?) for having a 15 or 17 round glock mag. (Some pistol, I think it was a gock) google and you will find. I watched the interview.

I have written on here several times about the lack of solidarity that Americans have shown so far, hopefully people will collectively have the will to stand together in the future and write to and email our politicians and ask for the change we demand.

The down side: They will pick us off one at a time.

The up side: They will pick us off one at a time. But they will have to find each one first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom