• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I'm not familiar with Adams Arms, but its not looking good for them. After a FL Sheriff's Office issues Adams Arms AR15, they Sheriff recalls all 309 of them for issues. Rifles would not fire and some rifles would go to full auto

https://www.tampabay.com/news/pinel...309-rifles-over-serious-manufacturing-issues/

The first batch of AR-15s ordered from the Odessa-based manufacturer by the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office had some trigger problems, Sheriff Bob Gualtieri said. Then, in later batches, a few rifles switched on their own from semi-automatic to fully automatic fire.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Should've gone with Colt...you'd think that a batch of rifles destined for a police department would get the "don't fudge this order up" pep talk from the boss.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Many law enforcement agencies with non-Colt made rifles and carbines went with other makes due to availability as Colt is and was inundated with law enforcement and military contracts. Some years ago a non-Colt maker advertised their product was the "official" rifle of a well-known federal agency. What they didn't tell you was Colt was the desired firearm and they couldn't fulfill the order within the specified time period of the contract so the agency listed other alternative rifles as authorized.

Like most companies, Colt has only so much production capacity and sometimes (often?) cannot keep up with orders. Combine that with so many companies marketing AR-platform rifles trying to cash in on the rush several years ago and you have a wide range of quality control issues.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    S&W grabs a portion of the Rifle market, due to their extensive LE Rep network, already offering a full line of LE equipment .

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Oopsies.

I understand not being able to get enough Colt rifles. But there's no excuse for not getting decent ones.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I don't think any Law Enforcement agency needs or should have full Auto Firearms. They are toys, Not for use by Government Agencies.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I don't think any Law Enforcement agency needs or should have full Auto Firearms. They are toys, Not for use by Government Agencies.

These were semi-auto guns with defective parts, not ones originally meant to go full auto. That's how I read it, at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom