• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Here is the general response from gun owners about showing up to take our firearms.
    Watch to the end. It is worth it.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    I think the reps that propose and pass the “law” should be the ones to personally enforce the law. That will resolve pretty quickly.

FTR, I note one of those dingleberries said something about it being a Constitutional Law... They’ve deluded themselves and countless others. They live somewhere way way down below the rabbit hole.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I think the reps that propose and pass the “law” should be the ones to personally enforce the law. That will resolve pretty quickly.

FTR, I note one of those dingleberries said something about it being a Constitutional Law... They’ve deluded themselves and countless others. They live somewhere way way down below the rabbit hole.

I have seen that referenced statement often. A "constitutional law" when attempting to cancel out the protections afforded by the 2nd Amendment. It falls immediately on it's face. :rolleyes:

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    If saying it made it so, there’s lotsa fellas who are dragging around yet a third “foot”.

It’s a part of the DemonRats new skit. They use our verbiage for their purposes. They talk about Constitutional things, they invoke patriotism and in the most abjectly obnoxious fashion they invoke “prayer” as their new cloak.

They do indeed think we are stupid. It’s appalling and truly offensive.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    The VA National Guard ultimately reports to the President not the Governor, so their theory is a little flawed. Trump can call them all up to federal service and then say you and what army to Northam.

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    From the Newsweek article: "McEachin also suggested removing state funding from areas that do not comply with Northam's gun laws."

Maybe the good people of Virginia will stop sending their tax dollars to Richmond, and instead send them to the county or city in which they reside. Perhaps if that happens Bloomberg will open a line of credit to Richmond at what I'm sure will be favorable terms.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    From the Newsweek article: "McEachin also suggested removing state funding from areas that do not comply with Northam's gun laws."

Maybe the good people of Virginia will stop sending their tax dollars to Richmond, and instead send them to the county or city in which they reside. Perhaps if that happens Bloomberg will open a line of credit to Richmond at what I'm sure will be favorable terms.
    Some Guy is a smart guy.

I’d listen to him...

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    It’s a part of the DemonRats new skit. They use our verbiage for their purposes. They talk about Constitutional things, they invoke patriotism and in the most abjectly obnoxious fashion they invoke “prayer” as their new cloak.

They do indeed think we are stupid. It’s appalling and truly offensive.
    Good candidate for todays Chicken Dinner winner!

k9guy

Feb 12, 2011
    My concern for VA residents is not that the National Guard or anyone for that matter will come and try to take their firearms if this purposed legislation passes. Also I think it is great to see all the counties that have passed 2A sanctuary amendments.

My big concern is that this legislation will pass and that the people from VA will no longer be able to purchase any new firearms that they want. Your local FFL's will have no choice but to follow the laws that have been passed regardless of any local 2A amendments.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    My concern for VA residents is not that the National Guard or anyone for that matter will come and try to take their firearms if this purposed legislation passes. Also I think it is great to see all the counties that have passed 2A sanctuary amendments.

My big concern is that this legislation will pass and that the people from VA will no longer be able to purchase any new firearms that they want. Your local FFL's will have no choice but to follow the laws that have been passed regardless of any local 2A amendments.

Those laws will likely be repealed after gun owners get more involved in politics. Governors and legislators aren't in for life, and can be recalled with enough votes.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County

Given the very high profile of this nonsense - and in a state with very high profile push back from so many counties and municipalities - I suspect there will be no lack of resources to seek some show stopping injunctions while it gets the slow grind through the courts. Courts are a lot more willing to immediately put a hold on the implementation of such challenged laws when the consequences of them will be injurious (say, to FFLs, ranges, and related businesses) in a plainly irreversible way.

They might vote this crap in, and Northam will gleefully sign it, but it could get tied up in court challenges for years.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Given the very high profile of this nonsense - and in a state with very high profile push back from so many counties and municipalities - I suspect there will be no lack of resources to seek some show stopping injunctions while it gets the slow grind through the courts. Courts are a lot more willing to immediately put a hold on the implementation of such challenged laws when the consequences of them will be injurious (say, to Judges' continued tenure on the bench) in a plainly irreversible way...

FIFY. And I agree. This silliness will last for perhaps a week if enacted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom