• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Looking to hire a few first grade licensed stationary engineers for positions at a few Medstar hospitals
    PM me if interested

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Problem these days is there are no younger generation taking up the trade/ career. Since most hospitals have central power plants, there is always a shortage of operating engineers. Health benefits are most times the best out there being health care.

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Bump, looking for more license first grade engineers for several Medstar hospitals.
    Good Samaritan, union memorial, and Harbor hospital.
    We are all in need of engineers. Benefited are top line compared to non health care facilities.
    Example this year all hourly employees get 2.5 % increase along with 750.00 bonus on top of merit increase.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Looking to hire a few first grade licensed stationary engineers for positions at a few Medstar hospitals
    PM me if interested

I work in the field (commercial not medical buildings). They're not kidding when they say it's tough to find good people. The people we get applying are either residential guys or guys thinking that using a screwdriver qualifies them for the job. My company pays for people to go to trade classes. And when I mean pay I don't just mean they cover the classes, they pay overtime for the classes. And the young kids we have won't do it but think they should get promoted.
    I have Md & DC 1st Class license, but my limit to commute is Reston/Herndon from where I live short of some incredible pay raise. Good luck!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I thought you were looking for kids to make construction paper art.

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Keep in mind anyone looking to pursue a pathway to becoming a first grade license. We have hired 3rd and 2nd grade and helped them get first grade in one to three years. Once you have that license your golden imo.

The demand for licensed engineers is only going to increase as will the salaries they demand increase.
    Solid , stable high demand carrier “if” a person is willing to put in their time.

Like many trades, licensed plumbers,electricians, fitters,ect. these Trades require time till one gets a license.
    Learning a trade will always ensure one of a job.

FNG Andrew

Nov 9, 2010
    Harford County
    That is awesome that companies not only pay for your apprenticeship but then pay you OT to attend!! Unbelievable! Kids these days don’t realize how big of an opportunity that is. I wish i would of known about this trade 10 years ago. I started down the path of an electrical apprenticeship but for some odd reason I thought law enforcement was a better path…. Just out of curiosity whats the rough starting pay in this trade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    That is awesome that companies not only pay for your apprenticeship but then pay you OT to attend!! Unbelievable! Kids these days don’t realize how big of an opportunity that is. I wish i would of known about this trade 10 years ago. I started down the path of an electrical apprenticeship but for some odd reason I thought law enforcement was a better path…. Just out of curiosity whats the rough starting pay in this trade?

At my work I believe the entry level is pushing 50k/year, not including bonuses & OT along with trade classes and will also pay for college classes if it's toward an engineering degree.

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    We pay starting salary around 70’000 a year.not counting shift differential.
    Military experience or maritime experience or mechanical engineers degree allows you to test for license . Md licensing shows who is qualified to test
    Just need a first grade to sign off o paper work to take test which I am willing to do.
    I just retired a guy who was making 88 grand a year.

That salary to monitor plant and call manager (in this case me) for that money.
    Engineers license is your golden slip

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV

Oh yea, one other great thing about the field is you don't need the 4 year indoctrination aka college along with the crippling student debt. An 18 year old whose mechanically inclined with a positive attitude and work ethic can start making money immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom