• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I've never heard of it but the price is certainly attractive. For such short money it's probably made from castings rather than forgings (not necessarily a bad thing...depends on quality control). I'd want to handle one...maybe get some hands on reviews from others first. The 1911 market is pretty crowded so lots of choices.

$380 isn't going to make or break you (probably) but I'd hate to be the test person to try it out.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I've never heard of it but the price is certainly attractive. For such short money it's probably made from castings rather than forgings (not necessarily a bad thing...depends on quality control). I'd want to handle one...maybe get some hands on reviews from others first. The 1911 market is pretty crowded so lots of choices.

$380 isn't going to make or break you (probably) but I'd hate to be the test person to try it out.

Right - I mean we have all seen 1911's for like 5x's that price or more

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    What do you guys think of this? It's only $380 so it sounds too good to be true. https://atlanticfirearms.com/products/sds-1911a1-pistol-wwii-us-army

It’s made by Tisas in Turkey. I have two different Tisas 1911s that were imported by Zenith Firearms. Zenith customized one and I had some issues with their work, not with Tisas. The other worked fine out of the box, but I came up with my own optimization by experimenting with the ammo and recoil spring. I would say go for it.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I have only heard good things about Tisas 1911's. Oddly, they f'd up their attempt to copy the Browning HiPower

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    A friend of mine has a 1911 made in Turkey, don't remember the brand. It's pretty sloppy. He is sorry he wasted money on it.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Guns , guitars , electronics , etc , the eternal cycle .

XYZ country with price competitive manufacturing starts making " product " . Goes through a learning curve on material selection and QC , frequently with input from their US importer/ distributor .

Eventually , they get their act together , and the products are consistent good quality, And generally recognized as such by consumers . And a week later , country DEF starts trying to undercut XYZ , and deja vu all over again .

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Nicely put!!

WHen it comes to 1911's I like my Ruger and S&W and buy USA. but thats just me

I have more than my share of US made 1911s, including vintage USGI and Colt commercial models as well as modern pistols from a variety of manufacturers. For plinking I don’t limit myself to US made. Variety is the spice of life.

CursezZz

Jan 12, 2020
    Baltimore
    dead thread revival, but i see the tisas zig 1911 on the roster when searching sds but not this one specifically. wonder if its on the roster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom