• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 06MegaCTD

Mar 16, 2009
    Hanover
    Where are you guys buying your plinking ammo for the mosin's. And what runs best thru the mosin's, especially a M38

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    aimsurplus man
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Hungarian_7.62x54R_147grn_Light_Ball.html
    my mosin 3.jpg

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    oh, and get the silvertip..it's light gr and doesnt beat at much as the real heavy stuff

Garand1957

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 30, 2007
    The War Room
    AIM is hard to beat for prices and convienence.
    Your mileage may vary but the brass case ammo seems to eliminate the dreaded "heavy bolt lift" after a live fire.
    My Finn's seem to like brass case best.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    AIM is hard to beat for prices and convienence.
    Your mileage may vary but the brass case ammo seems to eliminate the dreaded "heavy bolt lift" after a live fire.
    My Finn's seem to like brass case best.

sticky bolt syndrome only happens if you haven't cleaned all the cosmo out of the chamber and bolt. if you take the bolt apart and scrub things down then militec it and give it a light coat(cept for firing pin) of remoil or something of the sort the bolt will be fine. also if you take a chamber brush on a cleaning rod chucked into a power drill, it'll scrub out anything and make your chamber nice n slick. otherwise the cosmo and russian gunk liquifies when you shoot and resolidifies sorta by the time you're ready to open the action.

06MegaCTD

Mar 16, 2009
    Hanover
    I am picking up a M38 from a guy on the forum tomorrow and i hope it doesn't have the sticky bolt like RussD's. Probably gonna order the ammo from aim tomorrow too. Thanks guys, I knew aim had it just didn't know if it was the best choice or cheapest

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I am picking up a M38 from a guy on the forum tomorrow and i hope it doesn't have the sticky bolt like RussD's. Probably gonna order the ammo from aim tomorrow too. Thanks guys, I knew aim had it just didn't know if it was the best choice or cheapest

Just remember, you get a better deal when you buy in bulk, if you can afford it.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    Aim said they'd cut a break on bulk ammo buys but not guns. I'd be in for a spam can worth...i'm down to about 300 round of non-zombie marked mosin ammo.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    ammoengine.com, folks

As for a bulk deal, eh, not sure I shoot mine enough to want to go in on that. By the time I've shot fifteen rounds out of my sporterized M44, I'm done with it - my shoulder hurts, and the entire range is giving me dirty looks.

squeky

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2007
    Frederick
    ammoengine.com, folks

As for a bulk deal, eh, not sure I shoot mine enough to want to go in on that. By the time I've shot fifteen rounds out of my sporterized M44, I'm done with it - my shoulder hurts, and the entire range is giving me dirty looks.

Ammoengine only does a couple places. While comprehensive for those places, it's still only a few vendors.

AIM ain't even in the top 10 on x54R. Here's a hot-off-the-press feature:
    762x54R.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom