• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    Hi,
    I have an older Benchmade automatic knife that I have had for around 20 years. I am not attached to it but it is a push button knife. Am I allowed to sell this in Maryland? Through the classifieds here?
    Does anybody know what this model is called?

Attachments

• Picture 598.jpg
      Picture 598.jpg
      48.7 KB · Views: 1,220
    Last edited:

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    What a weird law for sure.

If interested in selling, please LMK how much for the box it comes in. I'd been looking at some for a while. I like that this is older and benchmade. Surely made in USA, yes?

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    No legal sales advice on the auto but I am in love with the fixed blade. What is it?
    Thanks
    The fixed blade came from Tony Galazan of really nice shotguns fame. It's Damascus with a bone handle

Roneut

Oct 10, 2010
    The auto cannot be sold. Keeping in mind that including it with the sale of another item is legally considered the same as selling it directly. I forget if there is a legal term for this, but yeah, sorry guys. That loophole doesn't work. I witnessed someone trying to get around state and county liquor sales laws by selling some small cheap object that comes with a "free drink." I then watched them getting handcuffed and put in the back of a police car.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    I can't tell you how many switchblades I've seen for sale in Maryland but it's a whole lot.
    Knife and gun ban laws are against my religion and against the constitution.:D

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    Cochise, that is an early model Benchmade AFO (Armed Forces Only). There was a AFO II, but that later verision had a small spine safety and multiple screw holes to position the clip (left side, right side, tip up or down). I like the early model better, those empty screw holes on each side make it look like something is missing.

Discontinued, but I think they sell in the $200 range (depending on condition).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom