• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob b

c@r collecting
    anyone know why a shotgun would get stuck after shooting and wont pump out spent shell ?

mossberg pump shotgun 12 ga only does it with magnum loads or heavy 2-3/4
    pump arm jams and has to be pulled back with a bit of force
    gun is fairly new also

thanks

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Probably chamber just needs smoothed out from shooting or light polishing.
    I would continue to break it in and see what it does.
    My old 500 I worry about staying closed anymore from shot so many times.
    Try some different ammo for different hull/ base joining method(s) or construction
    Also if you have a chamber gauge available, you may be able to determine an anomaly with a short chamber tight cone or something.
    Thats making the base swell of the hull swell up upon firing.
    Someone on here I think recently had a similar problem with a single shot poke stalk or something and polished the chamber out to aid removal of the old shell.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Probably chamber just needs smoothed out from shooting or light polishing.
    I would continue to break it in and see what it does.
    My old 500 I worry about staying closed anymore from shot so many times.
    Try some different ammo for different hull/ base joining method(s) or construction
    Also if you have a chamber gauge available, you may be able to determine an anomaly with a short chamber tight cone or something.
    Thats making the base swell of the hull swell up upon firing.
    Someone on here I think recently had a similar problem with a single shot poke stalk or something and polished the chamber out to aid removal of the old shell.
    Its probably this. There was a thread many years ago about it and the current manufacturing practices of most manufacturers. The suggested fix was polishing the chamber.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Its probably this. There was a thread many years ago about it and the current manufacturing practices of most manufacturers. The suggested fix was polishing the chamber.

I remember somewhat that was the resolution but didnt realize that long ago.

Other thing is I thought of post~ post was rim recess may be cut shallow/inconsistently.
    But on a Mossberg barrel attachment creates creates opportunity for + tolerance accumulation.
    If op has extra barrel or combo gun swapping barrels could be used for comparison.
    It's pretty new he said so additional break in most likely culprit I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom