• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I've been searching for a couple of those shooting bags that I see in many of the tactical shooting vids. They are basically rectangular in shape, extremely malleable, and maybe even rubberized? Usually black in color. Maybe sand or shot filled?

What am I looking for?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Nah. Thanks, but I've tried those. They blow out real easily. What I'm looking for is real pliable bags that mold themselves to any and all hard surfaces and angles. Rectangular in shape. About 10"-12" long and maybe 5''-6'' wide. They are heavy, given their size. I almost think they are shot filled. The Caldwells are filled with sawdust. Thanks though!

Any images, given the extreme range of possibilities?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Game changer bags. Some are filled with polyethylene prill. Some with anthracite slag.

I think you are thinking of a gamechanger which is used in PRS. A good rear bag that you could also look into is the precision underground bag
    https://precisionundergroundriflegear.com/shop/3d-rear-bag/
    It's not a squeeze bag. what i am looking for is used mainly under the forearm of the rifle where a bipod won't work.
    Any images, given the extreme range of possibilities?
    Believe me, I'm searching...

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    It's not a squeeze bag. what i am looking for is used mainly under the forearm of the rifle where a bipod won't work.

Believe me, I'm searching...

I am pretty sure I can visualize what you're looking for. Seriously, this post made me re-think all the things I am not processing while watching vids.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Like this? Military Arms Channel uses this bag in his videos. He can shoot an AR with a 30 round mag from a bench with it.

Attachments

• 74B3E9EC-99C9-4F6F-90E5-4262547A774C.jpg
      74B3E9EC-99C9-4F6F-90E5-4262547A774C.jpg
      19.3 KB · Views: 181

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Everything I'm seeing on utube are rear 'bench' bags. Not what I want. What I'm looking for is used instead of a bipod.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    damn brah

Nah. Thanks, but I've tried those. They blow out real easily. What I'm looking for is real pliable bags that mold themselves to any and all hard surfaces and angles. Rectangular in shape. About 10"-12" long and maybe 5''-6'' wide. They are heavy, given their size. I almost think they are shot filled. The Caldwells are filled with sawdust. Thanks though!

stop nibbling on them when you are working them sheesh

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    well

Those are all improvements on something that didn't need improving. Those specialized 'saddle' shaped bags are not as adaptable as a simple bag is.
    Maybe what I am looking for is a home-made sand bag. The ones i've seen though, seemed to be factory made. IDK.

time to find your old bean bags from the 70's. The dude on Outdoor was showing many different caldwells too much to carry for me..

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    This is what I have in mind. Look at the deployment of Janae's second bag(I don't have sound on this computer and CC is hard for me to follow...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom