• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Congratulations on breaking the dry spell and many thanks for the excellent range reports and photographs.

I just wish I had the same will power that you have!

Cal68

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I just bought a walther pdp pro SD compact last week. The trigger is probably the best in a striker fired gun.

It’s still in jail ( MSP 7- day wait) and I’m anxious to experience first hand what the fuzz is all about.

The pistol Did function well with a suppressor without the need to use the “ softer spring “ ( included). It ate 115,124,148,158 grain ammo without any hiccups.

Congrats! I still have my 4.5 Full Size PDP and have been very pleased with it. It mostly sits on my nightstand these days, but I still take it out to the range occasionally. It's one of the most accurate handguns I've ever owned.

Congratulations on breaking the dry spell and many thanks for the excellent range reports and photographs.

I just wish I had the same will power that you have!

Cal68

Thanks. I bought the PDP on a whim, and it turned out to be a lot better than expected.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    The SD pro compact followed me home this afternoon.

Attachments

• IMG_6743.jpeg
      IMG_6743.jpeg
      277.1 KB · Views: 40

gforce

MDS Supporter
    Aug 22, 2018
    Congrats on breaking the fast. Great review. I really considered changing my mind and going with a PDP when I was standing in Tylers, the trigger was amazing.

Have you used a trigger scale on it yet? just curious what it's actual weight is.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Congrats on breaking the fast. Great review. I really considered changing my mind and going with a PDP when I was standing in Tylers, the trigger was amazing.

Have you used a trigger scale on it yet? just curious what it's actual weight is.

Thanks. It has been almost two years since I started this thread, and I haven't purchased another handgun since getting the PDP. Part of that is because I'm shooting mostly .22 rifle these days, but part of it is because the PDP has been such a winner that I haven't wanted anything else, except, maybe a PDP Compact. It really is that good. I have pistols that cost 3-4x more that don't shoot as well as it does and are a lot pickier about ammo. My full-size PDP doesn't care what's loaded. It shoots everything about the same with zero malfunctions.

I never put it on a scale but, I'm going to guesstimate the trigger-pull weight is about 3 lbs. and it's almost as crisp as a S&W revolver.

gforce

MDS Supporter
    Aug 22, 2018
    Thanks. It has been almost two years since I started this thread, and I haven't purchased another handgun since getting the PDP. Part of that is because I'm shooting mostly .22 rifle these days, but part of it is because the PDP has been such a winner that I haven't wanted anything else, except, maybe a PDP Compact. It really is that good. I have pistols that cost 3-4x more that don't shoot as well as it does and are a lot pickier about ammo. My full-size PDP doesn't care what's loaded. It shoots everything about the same with zero malfunctions.

I never put it on a scale but, I'm going to guesstimate the trigger-pull weight is about 3 lbs. and it's almost as crisp as a S&W revolver.
    Hah, I hadn't looked at the timestamp. Great to hear a long term positive review of the platform. Love when a pistol eats whatever you throw at it.

That was my impression in the store, absolutely fantastic for stock

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom