• Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I dont understand the question. What is a high capacity magazine? That is a relative term and can change based on who you are asking, or is in power. I only buy 20 and 30 round magazines, these are much smaller than a belt fed.

Also beware that the term standard can also change. What happens if most manufacturers start shipping 5 round mags, now they are standard.

BartExp

Ultimate Member

Benny

Feb 20, 2019
    A magazine that is created to hold less rounds than the standard magazine that the manufacturer would otherwise include with the firearm should be referred to as a mini-mag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Order from Joe Bob Outfitters and ask they be sent as parts kits

Totally legal and helps a great partner to this website
    If you take parts and assemble a magazine with a greater than ten round capacity in MD that is illegal

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    For interstate sales with shipment to MD, MD charges a "Use Tax", not "Sales Tax" on the item. You're being taxed for bringing the good into MD for use. See the 3rd paragraph on this page:
    https://marylandtaxes.gov/business/sales-use/sales-and-use-tax-information.php

Good luck on the part where it says you don't have to pay the other states sales tax. Just try to tell some store in PA you don't have to pay their sales tax because you are going to pay the MD use tax when you take it back to MD.:lol2:

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    About 20 years ago a state had the "Furniture police"
    People were driving to NC or SC to buy their furniture sales tax free and a lot cheaper, then bring it back north.
    The State police were stopping folks at the border.

Was that MD ?

Good luck on the part where it says you don't have to pay the other states sales tax. Just try to tell some store in PA you don't have to pay their sales tax because you are going to pay the MD use tax when you take it back to MD.:lol2:

UPSguy

WWII enthusiast
    Dec 31, 2020
    Carroll co
    Just went to last York, PA gun show few weeks back and they had lots and lots of high cap mags. Standard 30rd steel ar mags for $10. Pretty decent deals. Just wait to the next show over the border.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    People were driving to NC or SC to buy their furniture sales tax free and a lot cheaper, then bring it back north.

Was that MD ?

About 40 odd years ago the ATF used to follow people from liquor stores in DC to Virginia and arrest them for illegal transport of liquor.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County

Was that MD ?

I believe that was good old William Donald Schaefer.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    ^^THIS
    Despite all those who won't do something "just in case" I say go out of state and get your mags or find a dealer who'll ship them to an address outside Maryland. I'll say it again when the next "xxx-capacity magazines" thread appears

Yep.

Parry

Nov 22, 2020
    On my way out of Maryland
    Just went to last York, PA gun show few weeks back and they had lots and lots of high cap mags. Standard 30rd steel ar mags for $10. Pretty decent deals. Just wait to the next show over the border.

I agree that there are plenty of decent deals on magazines at the out of state gun shows. But there is a cost factor. For me, driving to VA or PA to a show to buy magazines costs me time driving further, gas (prices keep going up), and possibly other costs I haven't thought of.

I was at a MD gun store yesterday and was going to add another handgun to my collection but the store said, sorry, it does not come with any magazines because this one came with 15 round capacity magazines. The store keeps them, and then said if I want to buy magazines for them, just go out of state. It was a glock, so they said, "they are cheap anyway." Well, last time I checked, the magazines are listed at $32.99 for an OEM 15 round magazine. Then, if you want 3-4, the costs multiply.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I agree that there are plenty of decent deals on magazines at the out of state gun shows. But there is a cost factor. For me, driving to VA or PA to a show to buy magazines costs me time driving further, gas (prices keep going up), and possibly other costs I haven't thought of.

I was at a MD gun store yesterday and was going to add another handgun to my collection but the store said, sorry, it does not come with any magazines because this one came with 15 round capacity magazines. The store keeps them, and then said if I want to buy magazines for them, just go out of state. It was a glock, so they said, "they are cheap anyway." Well, last time I checked, the magazines are listed at $32.99 for an OEM 15 round magazine. Then, if you want 3-4, the costs multiply.

The last Glock I bought in Maryland had the magazine blocked. A little plastic piece that may have cost .50 and took 30 seconds to install. Why any Gun Shop wouldn't do that is beyond me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom