Stupid article: Lawmakers from 3 Western Md. counties ask to be part of West Virgini

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    OK, you vented on a gun forum about a stupid article. Stop reading the stupid news, you'll feel much better

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I liked the plan from about ten years ago, for five counties, Garret, Allegheny, Washington, Frederick, and Carroll to break away.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I liked the plan from about ten years ago, for five counties, Garret, Allegheny, Washington, Frederick, and Carroll to break away.

Maryland could keep those and make a new state out of Montgomery, PG, Howard and that entire area inside of 695.
    They could call it Dumbassylvania.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    They're Not proposing forming a New State . Still have WV and Md , just tweaking the boundaries . Boundary adjustments on smaller scale have happened before .

Garrett and Allegany would be mutual good fit in WV . Washington Co in its entirety would be a harder sell . Too many residents of Hagerstown and East end of the County would prefer the PRM . And once WV takes second look beyond coveting the tax base , they should think twice about taking on the problems of Hagerstown .

If you could tweak a little more , from Clear Spring - ish westward , they'd probably be down with being annexed to Allegany Co .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Nah . The parting of ways would relieve them of a concentration of those pesky Republicans , and thus make their Gerrymandering much easier , and less suspicious looking at the same time .

TheMaskedRabbit

Oct 26, 2011
    Salisbury
    Get on my level

Attachments

• signal-2021-10-22-12-14-10-584.jpg
      signal-2021-10-22-12-14-10-584.jpg
      81.5 KB · Views: 353

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads