• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I got this Bubba’ed SVT years ago for $300. The Russians screwed up and put the cleaning rod on the side, instead of under the barrel. Must’ve drank a LOT of Vodka that day!!

But it shoots various milsurp ammo OK.

Showoff :D

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County

LOL! Gotta remind the new guys that some of us regular MDS guys have decent C&R firearms.
    Plus, I freely admit to douchebag trolling :D
    I didn’t pull out the other half of the SVTs, at least!

Hey, couldn't hurt to try

No worries, sir. That was fun! I haven’t pulled any of those firearms out of their safe in years! Those are all old pics. I think I’m at least two carpets and one LVP floor in that room since then :D

Good luck with finding your SVT. They are fantastic military surplus weapons. Collectible these days, I understand…

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County

Attachments

• 491F106C-73F5-402A-85BE-768596AA5D65.jpg
      491F106C-73F5-402A-85BE-768596AA5D65.jpg
      73.2 KB · Views: 134

Ukrainian might

Feb 26, 2021
    LOL! Gotta remind the new guys that some of us regular MDS guys have decent C&R firearms.
    Plus, I freely admit to douchebag trolling :D
    I didn’t pull out the other half of the SVTs, at least!

No worries, sir. That was fun! I haven’t pulled any of those firearms out of their safe in years! Those are all old pics. I think I’m at least two carpets and one LVP floor in that room since then :D

Good luck with finding your SVT. They are fantastic military surplus weapons. Collectible these days, I understand…
    Other half! Damn. Well if your ever looking to get rid of one in a while I'm definitely interested.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Looks like you need a .223

Looks good! While not a Saiga, I got one of the 500 or so Yugo M95 underfolder kits imported in early 2000’s. Built it on a custom run nodak receiver. It’s a tackdriver!

Just keep on trying to find an SVT. The important thing is to keep putting money aside to build up the “gun fund”. That way, you’ll have cash when you run across the SVT you want!

I was able to pick up my number one, all-time targeted firearm in this manner a couple of weeks ago. If I hadn’t been saving, I wouldn’t have had the required CASH to complete the deal.

Good luck with your search!

Ukrainian might

Feb 26, 2021
    Looks good! While not a Saiga, I got one of the 500 or so Yugo M95 underfolder kits imported in early 2000’s. Built it on a custom run nodak receiver. It’s a tackdriver!

Just keep on trying to find an SVT. The important thing is to keep putting money aside to build up the “gun fund”. That way, you’ll have cash when you run across the SVT you want!

I was able to pick up my number one, all-time targeted firearm in this manner a couple of weeks ago. If I hadn’t been saving, I wouldn’t have had the required CASH to complete the deal.

Yeah I've been doing that! It's not much but I've done some electrical work and been stashing it away for that lucky day I find one. What did you get?

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Yeah I've been doing that! It's not much but I've done some electrical work and been stashing it away for that lucky day I find one. What did you get?

I know what it is! But will leave it to h2u to share with the group. Let's just say it's a hum dinger, a center piece of a collection to be sure. And very much worth the long journey to acquire.

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    OP there are several SVTs for sale on the gunboards trader right now, a little pricey but you can always negotiate and most sellers will send you pictures of whatever you want. I got mine off there.

You could also try posting your trade offer over on akfiles their marketplace is very active

Be patient and keep your eyes open and the right one will come along eventually

jindodog

Sep 29, 2007
    Chester
    I know what it is! But will leave it to h2u to share with the group. Let's just say it's a hum dinger, a center piece of a collection to be sure. And very much worth the long journey to acquire.

I await the revelation with great anticipation!

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County

LOL! You build it up too much, my friend! :D
    Not rare - you can find one up for auction almost monthly.
    But, it’s got great history and in better than average condition.

I await the revelation with great anticipation!

Hey, stranger!! Long time/no hear from you on these boards. Hope all is well!! :thumbsup:

You probably have three of my mystery rifles in your collection :D

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville

Hey, stranger!! Long time/no hear from you on these boards. Hope all is well!! :thumbsup:

You're too modest. I don't have one of these in my arsenal! I call 'em uncommon and very cool.

jindodog

Sep 29, 2007
    Chester

All is well here. My collecting has slowed but I still like to check in to keep tabs on all the neat stuff you guys dig up. It's a vicarious thrill.:)

Ukrainian might

Feb 26, 2021
    OP there are several SVTs for sale on the gunboards trader right now, a little pricey but you can always negotiate and most sellers will send you pictures of whatever you want. I got mine off there.

You could also try posting your trade offer over on akfiles their marketplace is very active

Be patient and keep your eyes open and the right one will come along eventually

I've never used those sites, I'll need to check them out

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county

There are firearms you don't have? inquiring minds want a thread.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom