• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    After being introduced to the Lee APP, was wondering if anyone is running the ACP?

I hand prime with either a Lee hand primer or an rcbs universal hand primer.
    I like the original Lee with the square tray, I have the newer one with the translucent white triangle one but it jams too much. I can't get parts for the original Lee square tray.
    RCBS is good for pistol but some of the rifle brass pops out when pressing in primers even on swaged cases, the claws just let go.

So wondering if the Lee ACP is worth it or will just jam too much.

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    Following, last I heard of the ACP was someone experiencing a chain detonation from using federal primers that rendered the press damaged beyond function.

Nowadays, I take a conservative approach to priming until prices settle.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    RCBS is good for pistol but some of the rifle brass pops out when pressing in primers even on swaged cases, the claws just let go.

No comment on the ACP, but I have a non-universal RCBS that uses regular shell holders. Have had no issues with any calibers for 10 years.

larr

Apr 1, 2011
    Easternshore
    so, it takes the regular shell holders from the press?

I have two regular rcbs hand primers, 1 setup for small primers and 1 set up for large primers and never had a problem. Also to answer you question, yes they use the shellholders that you use on the press.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Reviews are pretty good. That said, I use a lee Classic turret. Not the fastest, but the priming step only adds a couple seconds a round. Vs the time to setup and run the cases through the ACP. No I don’t own one, but I don’t see much timing savings unless I want to try to run every step on the App and then prime on the ACP and then charge off press and then seat on a single stage.

With 9mm when I am cruising I can do 4.5 rounds a minute solid. 300 an hour. I can hit about 6 rounds a minute, but usually only for a few rounds before I slow down or I am going so fast I manage to mess something up. 3.5-4rpm is a slow, methodical pace.

To me the App is great for some basic, but necessary tasks. Like decapping if you are trying to get the primer pockets cleaned while tumbling. Swaging (for sure!) both primer pockets and bullets. If you are going to load with a single stage it is also fantastic to size and expand a lot of rounds quickly.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I hand prime with either a Lee hand primer or an rcbs universal hand primer. I like the original Lee with the square tray, I have the newer one with the translucent white triangle one but it jams too much. I can't get parts for the original Lee square tray.

FYI, the ORIGINAL Lee Hand Primer had a ROUND tray.

The Square tray is the second model, and not as good as the round tray, unless you are an idiot.

I run round tray Lee with a 21st Century handle. Its the bomb. :D

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

The Square tray is the second model, and not as good as the round tray, unless you are an idiot.

I run my lee classic with a modified RCBS priming tray. The crappy thing that comes with the lee all prime can only hold ~100 primers. That RCBS tray can hold ~300 like a boss.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo

Maybe that is why I can't find the square anymore. I'll look to get a round one and give that a go then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom