• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Looking for anyone on here or recommendations for someone to do some asphalt repair on our driveway and put some asphalt millings down next to the driveway.

Thanks,
    Brian

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Have no idea about cost or quality, but I recently saw a TV spot for a local company. The tag line was

"If you don’t call us, it’s your own asphalt!". :lol2:

I figure that company deserves a look just for the creativity.

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    I just used HCS Paving out of Frederick two weeks ago. Satisfied and the price was fair. (240) 910-0028
    Thurmont Paving get a lot of work in the area and I understand they are reasonable. (301) - 662-2648

salopez

Apr 11, 2011
    Mt airy Md
    Pmk services from taneytown
    groundgroomers from mt airy
    mt laney from eldersburg

in that order. let me know if you want the numbers. I just closed my biz, or I would offer my services....

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Pmk services from taneytown
    groundgroomers from mt airy
    mt laney from eldersburg

in that order. let me know if you want the numbers. I just closed my biz, or I would offer my services....

Thank you, I will be reaching out to several contractors this week

rocket1331

Jul 9, 2014
    Could you update this thread once the work gets completed, and if you would recommend the contractor you wind up going with? Might have a need myself in the near future. Thanks!

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I used D&H recently...they did an OK job. I was not thrilled with how quickly the team wanted to get the job done and get out of there rather than do the job right. Wish I had waited for a few more quotes to come back. Also wish I had put the brakes on them leaving to make them fix a couple of minor issues, but that's on me.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    I used D&H recently...they did an OK job. I was not thrilled with how quickly the team wanted to get the job done and get out of there rather than do the job right. Wish I had waited for a few more quotes to come back. Also wish I had put the brakes on them leaving to make them fix a couple of minor issues, but that's on me.

What kind of issues? I ask because we are looking to get a 300' driveway asphalted and I know nothing about the process

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    What kind of issues? I ask because we are looking to get a 300' driveway asphalted and I know nothing about the process

They were supposed to cut out a broken section of the driveway and replace, but it was getting late in the day they had "another job to get to", so they just dumped some over that section and rolled it flat. I know it won't last near as long as it should.

Where they mated up my driveway with the existing driveway, they left a lump. I asked them about that, and they said: "Oh we have to leave that because it will sink down over time". That's BS. Now there's a new bump in my driveway because they didn't feel like cutting out the excess material they put down.

I also spent about a half hour explaining to them that the new asphalt couldn't be higher than my garage slab, because water would pour in there. When I had the job quoted, I made it abuntantly clear that that was a priority for me, but when the crew came out all I got was a bunch of BS...again, because they didn't want to cut out what they had put down.

All in all I'm just disappointed that they were more eager to get the job done and move on than to do the job right.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    They were supposed to cut out a broken section of the driveway and replace, but it was getting late in the day they had "another job to get to", so they just dumped some over that section and rolled it flat. I know it won't last near as long as it should.

Where they mated up my driveway with the existing driveway, they left a lump. I asked them about that, and they said: "Oh we have to leave that because it will sink down over time". That's BS. Now there's a new bump in my driveway because they didn't feel like cutting out the excess material they put down.

I also spent about a half hour explaining to them that the new asphalt couldn't be higher than my garage slab, because water would pour in there. When I had the job quoted, I made it abuntantly clear that that was a priority for me, but when the crew came out all I got was a bunch of BS...again, because they didn't want to cut out what they had put down.

All in all I'm just disappointed that they were more eager to get the job done and move on than to do the job right.

Thanks for your time in replying gotdave. This is helpful and I'll keep an eye on whatever contractor we go with.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD

I would have been pissed at that work. No way would I let them get away with it

salopez

Apr 11, 2011
    Mt airy Md
    D and H will probably never get back to you, thats their MO.

Seagrave1963, I just got out of the business, let me know if you would like some help with direction. Happy to do so.

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    I've used Dustins Driveway several times. (I've managed a lot of flips) They have been great every time. Sometimes a little tough to get a hold of, but this should be their slower time of year, so you can usually get a decent deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom