• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • There has been a recent stir about Leverevolution and the 6.5 Creedmoor. Until tonight, I have found ZERO info on the hullabaloo. This evening, while tinkering on GRT I discovered some interesting info...
    According to GRT, the 123gr range projectiles get ~100fps more velocity with Leverevolution vs. H4350 with the same pressures. This may be worth looking in to for bolt guns.
    Caveat- I tinkered with Leverevolution in my Grendels and found it to be highly sensitive to barrel temp (chrono and primers clearly changed after 20rds in an AR platform when shot in a few minutes). It was pretty dirty in my gas guns as well. Leverevolution will no longer be tested in my AR based 6.5 Grendels.

Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    I may have started that to some extent. My son and I have experimented with it in the grendel and CM cases for several years now. It shot well in the CM and gave higher speeds and good groups in my sons rifle. We also shot it in his grendel with 123 gr Bullets with excellent accuracy. In the Grendel pressures were very low due to small case capacity and that may explain it being dirty. I posted about it a few times but it drew no attention until the shortage started. I did some research and found that it may be a resurrected former military ball powder (SMP-753). Most all ball powders are temp sensitive and I dont know that Lever is any moreso than others. The Ramshot line of ball powders are the most insensitive that I have found and are made by PB Clermont for Western Powders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom