• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    So I did order the CMMG BCG and 8" barrel for 45 APC; now I need to find a Glock pattern lower and a 3.5" extension (straight and can worthy) to pin and weld.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    OP I would suggest adding a VLTOR A5 length buffer tube to whatever lower you get (it’s going to have to be CMMG compatible, so . . . Probably a CMMG one). Will add about an inch to OAL and make your muzzle device search less miserable.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    OP I would suggest adding a VLTOR A5 length buffer tube to whatever lower you get (it’s going to have to be CMMG compatible, so . . . Probably a CMMG one). Will add about an inch to OAL and make your muzzle device search less miserable.

Good idea! The New Frontier lowers are widely said to work just fine with the CMMG uppers in .45. I know they work great in 9mm.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Here she is. Though it’s 9mm.

Attachments

• 41B49E8D-9A68-43EC-81F4-76E86EA09DD2.jpg
      41B49E8D-9A68-43EC-81F4-76E86EA09DD2.jpg
      136.6 KB · Views: 94

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    There are 4 slots for springs in the buffer. It comes with 4 weak and 4 strong. There are 4 holes where the springs go. I went with the factory set up (1 weak, 1 strong) and it works great. I may play with those some more. Marked reduction in recoil/muzzle climb compared to a straight blowback. I went from a 9 ounce tungsten buffer/.308 spring to taking the weight out of my 9mm BCG and using the included system. Huge difference.

I did take the weight out. It’s a different gun. VERY happy. Now that I have the system working, time to take it apart, and polish what I can.

I’ve put a lot of time into recoil reduction on 9mm carbines. I need to get the RDB system out with this side by side. RDB is great for Glock pattern guns. This is a great alternative. I really wanted something to run in a Colt pattern lower, because I have a Colt pattern pre-13 SBR registered at 22”. I can’t reproduce it now.

Awesome, was thinking about getting one to try out. If it works with a short stroke setup, might have some ideas

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    Playing with it right now. I’ve been going nuts with this thing. I figured it out, and I’m a f’ing idiot. I was playing with a RDB system before this and that requires you to take out the ejector on a Colt pattern lower. Guess what homeboy forgot to put back in?

This thing runs great.

Do you think it would work in a 10 mm?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Do you think it would work in a 10 mm?

They don’t specifically mention 10mm on their website. They mention .45 and .40 and etc.

I really don’t see that it would be a problem. I took the weight out of my 9mm bcg, and recoil is very soft. I was thinking earlier I might do a 10mm with this once my 9mm builds are finalized.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Now that I have my NFA trust set up I will have to pay more attention to these threads, I want to make an SBR PCC, with can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom