• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    RDB is great for Glock pattern guns. This is a great alternative. I really wanted something to run in a Colt pattern lower, because I have a Colt pattern pre-13 SBR registered at 22”. I can’t reproduce it now.
    Wait... Does the CMMG RDB setup not work w/ a Colt pattern lower? Was planning on getting a RDB kit.
    I could swear someone was running a RDB setup at the last MDTCA event - which would have had to been on a Colt pattern (registered) lower.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Wait... Does the CMMG RDB setup not work w/ a Colt pattern lower? Was planning on getting a RDB kit.
    I could swear someone was running a RDB setup at the last MDTCA event - which would have had to been on a Colt pattern (registered) lower.

It will run, but you have to file about .10" off the mag catch, or the Colt mag sits too high. Then you get play in the mag. The CMMG is designed to work with Glock mag lowers.

I had one, and got it to run, but it wasn't great in the Colt. The Scheel system is very nice. Not sure how it would run in full auto. You can borrow mine and find out, if you want.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Sounds like in Mar this year, CMMG updated the RDB barrel to work w/ they MK9 Colt pattern. Sounds like the barrel is different. Marked "9mm Luger" vs "9x19 Nato" for the older version. I can't see how a different barrel would make a difference (but maybe it's the whole system and just the barrel is the part that's marked.

Teratos, Why did you have to shave down the mag catch? The bolt carrier hitting the feed lips? Would think you'd be able to just machine a little off the bolt carrier instead? (I've heard people doing that for Glock carriers before. Or was it the opposite - narrowing the carrier to fit between Glock lips. I can't remember...) I'll ask Matt who was running that CMMG system last event so I can ask for more details.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Sounds like in Mar this year, CMMG updated the RDB barrel to work w/ they MK9 Colt pattern. Sounds like the barrel is different. Marked "9mm Luger" vs "9x19 Nato" for the older version. I can't see how a different barrel would make a difference (but maybe it's the whole system and just the barrel is the part that's marked.

Teratos, Why did you have to chave down the mag catch? The bolt carrier hitting the feed lips? Would think you'd be able to just machine a little off the bolt carrier instead? (I've heard people doing that for Glock carriers before.) I'll ask Matt who was running that CMMG system last event so I can ask for more details.
    Yeah, the lower lugs would also mar the ammo. It worked if you drop the mag a little. I didn’t want to mill off the lower lugs, since they function in the delay system. I didn’t know CMMG made a version that works with Colt. I bet the lower bolt is modified. I really like the Scheel system sitting on my Colt pattern gun now. Gotta get it out and really shoot it. Only about 150 rounds through that.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    This is how I "save" money. I start with "I don't want to spend $300 on a roller delayed blow back accessory for a 9mm PCC that already runs well" - so I'll just get a whole new 8" 45 APC Radial Delayed Blow back PCC. Wait - now I am spending $800+ And that's even with using a bunch of spare parts lying around!

You know what - totally worth it. I'll start with a braced pistol and then figure out how to get it to an SBR length later.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    In fact the cheapest 9mm PCC CMMG makes now is RDB and uses Colt 9mm mags. They eliminated direct blowback from their lineup to focus solely on RDB for PCCs.

It’s a good system, and a hydraulic buffer makes it even better.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    In fact the cheapest 9mm PCC CMMG makes now is RDB and uses Colt 9mm mags. They eliminated direct blowback from their lineup to focus solely on RDB for PCCs.

It’s a good system, and a hydraulic buffer makes it even better.

Which hydraulic buffer are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom