• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 06MegaCTD

Mar 16, 2009
    Hanover
    i am in on the lower group buy and will have lower parts on the way. Now where i am lost is what to do for an upper, i know i want to do a 18inch spr with a 14 inch DD rail, that is for sure. Now do i try to build my own and maybe hopefully save some money or do i wait for this to come back in stock.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-SPR-Mk-12-Mod-Bravo3X-p/bcm-urg-mk12-3x dd14.htm

i just don't know about spending 1200 bucks on a upper

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    i am in on the lower group buy and will have lower parts on the way. Now where i am lost is what to do for an upper, i know i want to do a 18inch spr with a 14 inch DD rail, that is for sure. Now do i try to build my own and maybe hopefully save some money or do i wait for this to come back in stock.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-SPR-Mk-12-Mod-Bravo3X-p/bcm-urg-mk12-3x dd14.htm

i just don't know about spending 1200 bucks on a upper

Nice upper, I'm doing the stag 2HT personally.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I'm gonna use a BCM upper as well on my lower. I briefly entertained going a similar route, then decided to buy the plain jane upper and let clandestine work his magic on it. YHM 12.5" quad rails, Magpul MBUS sights, extractor upgrade, and all the nifty polishing and such that will hopefully make it a smoother, more reliable weapon.

06MegaCTD

Mar 16, 2009
    Hanover
    he already did all the work just about to my other AR, and the YHM rail is kinda heavy just to let you know. Have it on mine. Nice as heck but on the heavy side.

SVrider

Nov 22, 2008
    St.Louis
    Well if you do want to buy an upper put together, head on over to pkfirearms. they have what you want in stock same price. Ive used them multiple times. Great job shipping out quickly.

M6HTZ

Nov 1, 2008
    Signal Mountain, TN
    I placed my order today for a Spike's tactical upper. They have a promotion code on the AR15 website under industry for $50 off on Spike's Tactical 16" M4 LE upper.

" For a Limited time we are offering a $50 off coupon code to purchase, the code is M4LEUP. That means the complete upper with BCG, Charging handle, and ST-T2 buffer will be $475! Don't let the price fool you, these are top Quality and use the same exact components (except the barrel) as our CHF uppers. Not bad for $475. Of course this if you want a rail system that is additional."

I did some research and wanted a mid-length, but I think this upper will do the trick. I built a lower and got distracted with a Saiga project. My budget is getting very limited.

Last edited:

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Where else can one find BCM uppers? I know there are a few authorized dealers out there, but I can't remember who. As I recall, they might have been a little cheaper than going straight through Bravo Company themselves.

mdjamesd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Towson
    SPR-M IS AN 18 INCH 5.56MM MEDIUM WEIGHT BARREL from Douglas blank $455
    LARUE PRECISION STEALTH M4 BILLET AR15/M16 BILLET UPPER RECEIVER $249
    DENNYS GUNS/GTS ION BOND SUPER DUTY BCG M16 $199
    LaRue Tactical AR15 13.2 Handguard LT15-13.2 $329

TOTAL $1,232

Or just get: $1,095
    DENNY'S GUNS SPR UPPER

UPPER SPECS:

KRIEGER STAINLESS STEEL 1:7.7 TWIST MATCH BBL
    M4 RAMPS
    MIDDY GAS SYSTEM
    LOW PRO GAS BLOCK
    CMT M4 UPPER
    LARUE 13.2" RAIL SYSTEM
    DENNY'S GUNS SUPER DUTY M16 BCG
    BARREL HAS THE PROPER STEPS FOR OPS INC M4 SILENCER

THESE SUCKERS WILL SHOOT.

06MegaCTD

Mar 16, 2009
    Hanover
    my wife is flippin out right now that i have to spend 1k on a upper so i am trying to do this cheap, yeah right like thats going to happen. that denny's guns isn't too bad of a deal and the larue stealth is pretty good too. Just looked at the BCM and still have to pay an extra 150 bucks for the bcg so 1400 for a upper, thats just not going to happen. And Russ where do you get those woa barrels

HarEngSer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 4, 2008
    Bel Air
    DPMS uppers run south of $500. They are a good upper for the price and quality. Gun Connection has some on hand i believe. If you want to get into some odd caliber or high accuracy then prepare to spend.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    my wife is flippin out right now that i have to spend 1k on a upper so i am trying to do this cheap,

why did you tell her ??!!! if she asks tell her you been putting money aside for a few months for it... all the while never telling her the true cost.

06MegaCTD

Mar 16, 2009
    Hanover
    she handles the money lol, i have plenty of it to spend with an inheritance i got but just don't want to go crazy. Guess it won't be so bad, i have already spent upwards of 2500 on my bushy so 90 for lower, 400 on lower parts, stock, and grip and such, i guess 1k on a upper won't be too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom