• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 06MegaCTD

Mar 16, 2009
    Hanover
    you old guys need to get with the times, they are a changing for the better.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    you old guys need to get with the times, they are a changing for the better.

I have 30 round 5.56 PMags on my desk and a dozen S&W M&P 9mm mags in storage. Three are with the gun.

My first 9mm held only 13 rounds in the mag. (Browning High Power) Terrible I know.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Nice set of siblings there!
    Not to thread jack but an M&P question...

I have shot Glocks and XDs. How would you say the M&P rate compared to a Glock or XD. What made you choose those guns?

06MegaCTD

Mar 16, 2009
    Hanover
    i own a xd .45 and love it, shot glocks and am a really really good shot with them but don't like the way they feel in my hands. My next handgun though will probably be a glock 34 like RussD has. But overall best feeling in the hands so far is the m&p to me.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Nice set of siblings there!
    Not to thread jack but an M&P question...

I have shot Glocks and XDs. How would you say the M&P rate compared to a Glock or XD. What made you choose those guns?

I have an XD in .45ACP and a M&P Pro, in 9mm. I have rented several Glocks at Continental and handled more at Gun Connection. They just don't feel right to me. The XD was bought before I learned of this site, so it probably is four years old. Being .45ACp, it hasn't gotten as much range time as the 9mm's have, due to ammo costs. I really need to pull it, clean it and shoot it.

After buying the Pro, I spent probably a few hours trying the various back straps. Not sure which one is on the gun, but it feels good in my hand. I like the feel of the S&W better than any handgun except my 1911's. That is a personal view, others may find a new Glock feels better.

Comparing the guns is hard, Glock has a track record. I hope SA and S&W are still selling these guns in 30 years.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Guys, the stock S&W M&P 9mm mag holds 17 rounds. Isn't that enough? Maybe you guys should find a range and practice more. :innocent0

Can't imagine what you kids would think if you had to use a tiny 8 round mag in your 9mm.

I carry a spare 20 round mag for my Beretta 92FS, sometimes 2 if I'm gonna be in a bad neighborhood. Carrying a gun isn't about fighting fair or giving your possible adversary a better chance at killing you. Cheating to win should be SOP because if you lose... well... you're dead.

I carry a 1911 as well, and carry 2 8-rd mags. Relying on a single magazine with such a low capacity is ignorant, IMO. Semi-automatic pistols are prone to malfunctions, most of them relating to the magazine or ammunition. It's like driving a car without a spare tire, just not a good idea. If you need it and don't have it you're gonna be screwed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom