• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I didn't see a thread already specifically about this new gun from Ruger; and I missed my chance at getting one from the preferred Industry Partner (IP) Gun Shop. His first batch he got 8, three went the first business day, the rest went the next. I showed up 48 hours too late. :sad20:

So to try and compensate for my not being able to shoot the thing today, I'll just post about it and dream. :)

11100.jpg

I read Ruger overcame the most difficult part of having a take-down gun by using a tightening ratchet.

1022_td_pieces_26dbe_65b_1487bc_8c-tm-tfb.jpeg

Having never owned a 10/22 of my own, I'm thinking this might be the one. I like the take down feature, and that it's stainless. Not that the original 10/22 was too difficult to take apart, but this make it much more slick, fast and should make cleaning it a cinch. My understanding is that this is just the launch of this rifle, and Ruger will very likely offer various options coming soon. I'd love it with a Hogue rubber over molded stock, and threaded barrel for a suppressor.

I think I've now watched every video and review, so I'll just post my favorite, this one covers all the points made in the others:

I would be remiss if I didn't at least mention that lots of company's make take down rifles. For those many of you that already have a Ruger 10/22; here is an interesting 10/22 conversion kit from Arizona that looks like it too has solved the accuracy issues common with take down guns. It also appears to be ultra light and packable. I like that it comes with a pistol grip, has a folding stock, and threaded barrel. You have four different options in handguard, one of those being none, just a knurled nut.

agp-arms-takedown-10-22-kit-4.jpg

http://www.agparms.com/agp-arms-take-down-10-22/

The version of the 10/22 Take Down that I will likely hold out for will hopefully look more like this:
    1261-tm-tfb.jpg

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    There has been several posts. Where did you find that bottom picture though?

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    i was there when they were being unpacked weds night, i briefly got to fondle one and now i don't know why but i must have one.

Doc TH

Oct 3, 2008
    Rockville
    Interesting variation on a very good .22 SA.
    The "tightening ratchet" (a threaded collar) has been used on the Browning ATD .22 rifle for many years. It is a tried and true design.

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    Got one from GC. It's going to be tough for a while. RUGER started out with 10k before they announced the gun. I would venture to say that they are gone now, they will trickle in as RUGER makes them.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Reviving this thread with a question: Any recommendations for a suppressor for this model? I'd like something with decent quality, but not top of the line. Is something in the $250 to $300 range reasonable? Thanks.

Exuberon

Aug 8, 2017
    Southern Virginia
    Got my Ruger Takedown (model # 11112) with top picatinny rail and flash suppressor on Gun Broker $250 all said and done.

Ask John at Gym Ratz, he can probably get you one too.

Unfortunately I also have gone down the road towards the intergrated suppressor barrel (ISB)

http://www.gunsandammo.com/reviews/review-ruger-silent-sr-1022-takedown-isb/

So ISB and tax stamp is about 3x more than what I paid for the rifle.....but it will be tons of fun:party29:

Got my Ruger Takedown (model # 11112) with top picatinny rail and flash suppressor on Gun Broker $250 all said and done.

Ask John at Gym Ratz, he can probably get you one too.

Unfortunately I also have gone down the road towards the intergrated suppressor barrel (ISB)

http://www.gunsandammo.com/reviews/review-ruger-silent-sr-1022-takedown-isb/

So ISB and tax stamp is about 3x more than what I paid for the rifle.....but it will be tons of fun:party29:

Now look here, temptress. I'm trying to avoid buying this.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    I already have the rifle. I’m looking to add the suppressor. Are u suggesting just buying the new integrated model instead? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    If all you have is the TD, then the Ruger integrated is pretty cool.

If you want to use it on many firearms, then get a traditional one.

Personally, I would get both. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom