• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cadet08

Gone
    Nov 13, 2006
    1.00 caliber flintlock "wall gun". It shoots a fishing weight with 300 grains of black powder.

MAKINTRAX

Nov 7, 2008
    Harford County MD
    When lead shot was still ok to use for goose hunting, I'd use Winchester 3" 1 7/8 oz waterfowl loads in my Browning Auto 5. The Auto 5 was great but I didn't realize how great until one day I switched guns with my son and used his Remington 870 with the same load. Holy Sh**! Two shots and I switched back with my son.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    When lead shot was still ok to use for goose hunting, I'd use Winchester 3" 1 7/8 oz waterfowl loads in my Browning Auto 5. The Auto 5 was great but I didn't realize how great until one day I switched guns with my son and used his Remington 870 with the same load. Holy Sh**! Two shots and I switched back with my son.

Speaking of lead shot... I have put plenty of Federal 2-3/4" Magnum #3 lead shot loads through a few Beretta A300 Outlanders. Brutal. Beretta's Kick-Off systsm is a must if you have a gun that can be equipped with it! The A400 Xtreme w/ KO is really not bad to shoot even with 3-1/2" Winchester Drylok and Federal Black Cloud.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

aquashooter

Apr 17, 2013
    Monkey Co
    No problem at all with my work 870 with 2 3/4 slugs and #4 buck. Then I shot a friends single shot 10 GA Magnum with nothing to absorb the recoil. No slide, spring, or recoil pad. I fired one shot and couldn't lift my arm.

hornet

Feb 20, 2012
    Severn, Maryland
    First time shooting the .270 after 14rnds could shoot it anymore but after 20 mins two 12ga slugs with a pump act mossberg so I don't know which leave bruises but I had my shoulder in pain for few days, also when I went hunting with a 12 ga single shot H&R and shot 30 rounds of 3 1/2 size 4 and my shoulder got screw for over a week I couldn't even hold the shotgun no more at the end of the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom