• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Enfield folks, can you tell me if the "protector nut" for the rear-sight protector is flush with the bottom of the stock on your No.1 Mk.3's? Or is it recessed a bit?

Putting one back together for a friend. He's missing the washer (forend collar on Numrich's schematic) but when I pull the threads tight on the screw and the protector nut, it recesses much more than I'd think it would with a washer in place. Thanks!

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Dont be alarmed if the barrel is touching the full length of the bottom of the fore-end its supposed to be like that. Tap it downwards on either side of the receiver and right in front of the wrist socket when removing. Use a small rubber faced mallet or a soft wooded dowel as a punch. One or two smart even whacks will clear it.

Exactly reverse to install to protect the sear lug seats and then tension the barrel to just touch the top of the hole for the nose cap. If everything is just the way it should be you may see the barrel touching the nose cap at two very small points= happy Enfield world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom