• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    We learned this weekend why ported pistols are terrible for self defense and why tac teams don't use them. They melt eyebrows.

Oh how I wish I had a dollar for each time a student showed up bragging about the compensated custom so and so until they get the face blast at the one yard line. TD

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I have one ported gun. A S&W .44 mag. It came that way. Not into the ported barrel.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I prefer single malt whisky finished in a port cask. Does that count?
    I prefer rum in my barrels. Port in barrel, no bueno.

Attachments

• captain.jpg
      captain.jpg
      64.6 KB · Views: 337

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Interested.
    During this Damndemic I switched most of my shooting to riding, horses need daily training as well, so I’m feeling rusty(muscle memory remains) and this is a great thread outrider! Special thanks to Blaster.
    I may be in Littlestown for a horse show this weekend, gonna try to grab a PA nonres carry.

Thanks again for the thread/motivation!

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Weekdays At Blaster's

Just got back from a couple days of outdoor and trigger therapy at Blaster's hacienda in the highlands of PA and wanted to say a big THANKS for all the hospitality and shooting tips! Great times!

TLEF7rb.jpg
    rZDq6Rs.jpg

Wish I could say that I shot as well as I ate the past couple of days but that would be BS. It was pretty warm. When sweat starts getting in my eyes, I don't shoot very well but, it also exposed some bad habits that were quickly identified and addressed. It was fun to watch someone who knows what they're doing shoot my M11-A1. Hope some of that Blaster229-mojo rubbed-off. That pistol is way more impressive than I ever imagined.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Just got back from a couple days of outdoor and trigger therapy at Blaster's hacienda in the highlands of PA and wanted to say a big THANKS for all the hospitality and shooting tips! Great times!

TLEF7rb.jpg
    rZDq6Rs.jpg

Wish I could say that I shot as well as I ate the past couple of days but that would be BS. It was pretty warm. When sweat starts getting in my eyes, I don't shoot very well but, it also exposed some bad habits that were quickly identified and addressed. It was fun to watch someone who knows what they're doing shoot my M11-A1. Hope some of that Blaster229-mojo rubbed-off. That pistol is way more impressive than I ever imagined.
    How many holes did YOU put in the canoe?

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Master Blaster. Innkeeper. Chef. Shootist.

Soon to be fully occupied by canoe construction and repair.

Sucks to be a fat man shooting in the summer heat and humidity. Ask me how I know.

I ain’t sweating, I’m perspiring...

It was downright toasty in the afternoon, even at that elevation. Still, how nice is it to have a pistol range in your backyard? :party29:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Not one through the canoe, but I kept catching hell for these...
    (what the hell? they all hit center mass...:innocent0)

Hey now, you shot the guy's balls off. Good job. lol I would have probably shot his toes off.

That looks like it was a great time and a great learning experience. Just too awesome.

Learned that PA taxes are just so much damn better than Maryland for retirees, so if the majority of kids stay in the Maryland area, PA might be where me and my wife end up.

Those views of Mike's place are just incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom