• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I am teaching a hip replacement course in Ohio in August and decided to add a detour and swing by the CMP North store (I made the required reservations for a time slot). Being a complete noob to the M1, and excited to finally add one to my collection (maybe more than one - may get a couple more to pass down to my kids), any advice besides trying not to spend my kids’ college funds while there?

Well, did you get one or 3?

Raiderjack23

MDS Supporter
    Jul 10, 2020
    Carroll County
    Thought I would share this. I have some items on order with CMP - most notably a Garand. This is my first M1 . . . so I am little kid Christmas excited. Shipping has been listed as 'ASAP' for over a week now (and my CC was charged) . Checked my phone today and I missed a call from Anniston, AL. Now I am really excited and figuring that they needed to confirm something. Wrong, called the number and it was a freaking robocall center. What a let down.

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    Well, did you get one or 3?

I ended up with 3....
    However, there were not many on the shelf. They had a total of 3 post Korea IHG’s Field Grade that gaged poorly for $980.

There were probably 2 dozen Special Grade Winchester receiver with new barrels.

Missed an 03 by 12 hours.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Anyone ever pickup a .308 garand from the CMP? What are your thoughts on them?

Yes. Like the CMP Specials it looks like a brand new gun. Need to have one in case .30-06 ammo gets scarce. Uses the same en block clips and is just like shooting the Garand just a different caliber.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I ve thought about looking for one of these. I don't need another caliber and I don't reload, that with cheap Garand safe 30-06 in short supply I wouldn't mind a 308 Garand. Heard of some really accurate ones in a thread on here some time ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom