• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aaronbloyer

Jun 13, 2019
    Hey All!

Been awhile since I posted. Used this awesome place for help with CCW!

Now I have a question about the md roster. I am looking at purchasing a hellcat osp here in the next few days. I want the FDE color choice, but it’s not on the roster. I called a gun shop out in finksburg and they have them in stock. Only issue is they can’t sell it since it’s not on the roster. I’m assuming that since they have them in stock, they figure they will be added soon. So question is, can I buy it and then wait till it’s on the roster to pick it up? Also when is the next roster coming out?

I think I asked those questions correctly.. any help is appreciated!

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Call Springfield and ask when that model number was submitted for approval with MSP. They will know what you’re asking. If they don’t have a date, you’re SOL. If they have a date they will know when it goes to the review board. I believe it would be on the roster approx 30 days after. I went through this recently with Beretta and did exactly this. Decided not to wait.

Oh, and the Hellcat with the red sights wasn’t on the roster when I got mine in May. I decided to get the one on the roster instead of waiting for the review. Had no idea what delays might occur during Covid. Oddly, several shops had the red sight versions in stock. But, as you found, you couldn’t buy them.

Also, no HC model comes with 10 round magazines...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Did you ask the shop? If they have guns on hand I would think that they'd know if it'd been submitted and when it's likely to be OK'd

Aaronbloyer

Jun 13, 2019
    Call Springfield and ask when that model number was submitted for approval with MSP. They will know what you’re asking. If they don’t have a date, you’re SOL. If they have a date they will know when it goes to the review board. I believe it would be on the roster approx 30 days after. I went through this recently with Beretta and did exactly this. Decided not to wait.

Oh, and the Hellcat with the red sights wasn’t on the roster when I got mine in May. I decided to get the one on the roster instead of waiting for the review. Had no idea what delays might occur during Covid. Oddly, several shops had the red sight versions in stock. But, as you found, you couldn’t buy them.

Also, no HC model comes with 10 round magazines...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info! I will try and call tomorrow!

Yea the 10 round issue is fine. I’ll go up to PA like usual lol. Stupid laws

Aaronbloyer

Jun 13, 2019
    I did but they didn’t really know. They said it should be on the next roster at the end of this month. Not sure how accurate that statement is.

Pinnacle

Firearm Licensing (MD, FL, AZ)
    Aug 11, 2020
    Hey All!

Been awhile since I posted. Used this awesome place for help with CCW!

Now I have a question about the md roster. I am looking at purchasing a hellcat osp here in the next few days. I want the FDE color choice, but it’s not on the roster. I called a gun shop out in finksburg and they have them in stock. Only issue is they can’t sell it since it’s not on the roster. I’m assuming that since they have them in stock, they figure they will be added soon. So question is, can I buy it and then wait till it’s on the roster to pick it up? Also when is the next roster coming out?

I think I asked those questions correctly.. any help is appreciated!

The agenda for the most recent Roster Board meeting can be found here:

https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizat...onBureau/LicensingDivision/HandgunRoster.aspx

That agenda had a couple of Hellcats on there but I am not sure if either of them are the ones you are seeking. You can check the model number and verify. If the one you want is on there, it will likely be approved and be available sometime next month. My suggestion would be talk to the LGS and see if they will let you pay for it and they hold on to it until it actually hits the roster, then you can do your 77R and 7 day wait. Some will, some won't.

For reference, Freestate has an entire section of 'Not On The Roster' guns. They will let you pay for them now and they will hold it until it hits the roster. That is a really nice feature considering things are hard to come by now a days.

Aaronbloyer

Jun 13, 2019
    The agenda for the most recent Roster Board meeting can be found here:

https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizat...onBureau/LicensingDivision/HandgunRoster.aspx

That agenda had a couple of Hellcats on there but I am not sure if either of them are the ones you are seeking. You can check the model number and verify. If the one you want is on there, it will likely be approved and be available sometime next month. My suggestion would be talk to the LGS and see if they will let you pay for it and they hold on to it until it actually hits the roster, then you can do your 77R and 7 day wait. Some will, some won't.

For reference, Freestate has an entire section of 'Not On The Roster' guns. They will let you pay for them now and they will hold it until it hits the roster. That is a really nice feature considering things are hard to come by now a days.

When do you think the new roster will be posted or updated? On the September agenda it is on there. Wondering if an FFL would let me send them the gun and wait to do paperwork on it till it’s approved.

Pinnacle

Firearm Licensing (MD, FL, AZ)
    Aug 11, 2020
    When do you think the new roster will be posted or updated? On the September agenda it is on there. Wondering if an FFL would let me send them the gun and wait to do paperwork on it till it’s approved.

From what I have been told, the new roster should post early November.

Call a few local LGS and ask them. Some will hold it for you no problem, others might charge a storage fee depending on how long the wait is.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I inquired about a couple pistols. The lady from msp was actually great and helped me out. Seems MD wants it on roster even if same gun different color. I asked for two and a third clarified. She did the third and helped me with the first two on the form to email to her. So they be in for next meeting later this month and on roster by jan latest? The two are like sub models stainless instead of blued. Weird

yobrahh69

Oct 3, 2020
    I was wondering about the p365 ms tac pac.

I assume since the reg has a tac pac on the roster so does the MS version. I had conflicting info. Some say its just the gun model not the tac pac part that is registered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom