Is ammo cheaper at the Gun Show or Online?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MaicoBill

MDS Supporter
    Aug 17, 2020
    I been to Gettysburg and Chantilly this year, I didnt see any deals on ammo. Example .80 cents a round for 115 Grain 9MM.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Been going to gun shows for over 30 years and I’ve never seen ammo cheaper at a gun show than online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    As of right now , that IS the new normal . And .380 is even worse than 9 x 19 for price and availability .

Now is the time to fill critical needs for which you have nothing , or almost nothing . Now is NOT the time to stock up .

crolfe1984

Enthusiast
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baltimore City, MD
    If you're looking for some cool stuff you'll find it at the shows and not (likely) online.

Once a year I'd go down to Chantilly and there was a vendor that had 7.62x39 in sealed OD green battle packs. 200 rounds to a pack and it is excellent BRASS CASED ammo. Was cheap too... In addition you'll see cheap surplus 26.5mm stuff, interesting shotgun loads, less-than-lethal rounds, belted ammo, and some deals on lesser purchased calibers (say 500 S&W). The good shows, items, and prices will return in due course :)

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    Tell Me

What do you think?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      64.4 KB · Views: 421
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      66.2 KB · Views: 429
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      57.7 KB · Views: 441
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      54.1 KB · Views: 430
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      57.6 KB · Views: 452
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      60.3 KB · Views: 432

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    ***** Those prices are brutal!!! It’s the free market of course, but I’m glad I bought so much long before this current run up in prices!! I’m at the range now shooting 9mm ball ammo that I paid $189 for 1000 rounds perhaps last November?

Just wow on those prices. The prices will eventually come down of course, assuming a big tax isn’t added to sales of it in a Biden/Harris administration...

It will suck if this is the new normal!!

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I bought online before the madness started.

I'm not buying at current prices.

The market has spoken.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I find online buying iffy. In stock one minute, OOS next. Lower price but pay $$ shipping. Some allow you to place boxes in your cart only to find out later it's actually OOS. The gun shows I've been to recently have the selection plus it's THERE in front of your eyes. I'll happily pay a little more for less hassles and more certainty

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Hi All,

Is the Gun Show a good place to buy 9mm Ammo? Can I find better ammo prices online? I know the prices are inflated everywhere :(

Thanks All,
    Eric

Short answer no- you will do better in a combo of Online and Big Box retailers who have not updated pricing. You just have to be patient and ready to buy in quantity when you can. The days being able to buy a box at a time cheaply to shoot seem to be over for now.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    Short answer no- you will do better in a combo of Online and Big Box retailers who have not updated pricing. You just have to be patient and ready to buy in quantity when you can. The days being able to buy a box at a time cheaply to shoot seem to be over for now.

True those days are gone ... for now and probably for sometime but like the last time it will come back , Then there will be a glut of ammo because manufacturers huge backorders will be in Distributors and dealers can't afford to take what they said they would back when they needed it , So distributors will drop their prices in order to get it out the door so they can pay for it , Than you'll see it get cheap again and you buy it by the case and buy more so when the next shortage comes you'll be set . Also don't by just FMJ have a very good supply of HP for real defense needs .

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    Who's the "Hoarding Douchewaffle" now?

It's not hoarding if your buying when supply lines are overflowing and does that apply to those of us that have a supply of food too. I didn't need to run to the store back in March to clean out the food and TP . So if that makes me a "Douchewaffle " I guess your right but I'm good with that because I have food , ammo , TP , and a well on land with a house that's paid off .

czman

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 20, 2020
    I recently bought 420 rounds of Red Army Elite 7.62x39 brass cased ammo for 50 cents a round, no sales tax, no shipping, because I picked it up from a seller in Virginia. Seller was getting out of shooting.

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    Last show I got a 7.62 640 round spam can for 220, and got a couple boxes of 380 for 40 a box (50). You really gotta price check and make sure of what you are buying. My brother bought 10 boxes of 9mm and when we got back one of the boxes was only half full, and there was a lot of reloaded ammo that is not clearly marked as such for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom