• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Hey,

Anyone heard of the BATFE disapproving a 5320.20 for someone from outside MD wanting to bring their AR-platform SBR to MD for a shooting weekend?

Buddy of mine was just disapproved today. The reason listed is "MD State Law."

AFAIK, SBRs of an AR configuration are legal in MD along with HBARs, just no carbine/rifle length ARs since MD law considers all SBRs to be "pistols."

Even more interesting is that these SBRs are part of a NFA trust that I am a custodial trustee of.

Any thoughts?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Hey,

Anyone heard of the BATFE disapproving a 5320.20 for someone from outside MD wanting to bring their AR-platform SBR to MD for a shooting weekend?

Buddy of mine was just disapproved today. The reason listed is "MD State Law."

AFAIK, SBRs of an AR configuration are legal in MD along with HBARs, just no carbine/rifle length ARs since MD law considers all SBRs to be "pistols."

Even more interesting is that these SBRs are part of a NFA trust that I am a custodial trustee of.

Any thoughts?

That’s BS, unless it’s < 29”

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Looks like that's it. One of the three he had on the form was sub 29." The other two are 29 and 29.5. I'll tell him to pull the one and re-submit the others. Thanks!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Looks like that's it. One of the three he had on the form was sub 29." The other two are 29 and 29.5. I'll tell him to pull the one and re-submit the others. Thanks!

Let us know. I’ll be curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom