• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Doesn't his bill have to pass the Senate? Really, what are the chances......?

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    Funny, after I saw this video, I check FB and see a post from Van Hollen giving a vague "this will be wonderful" announcement for a bill he an another Senator are sponsoring.

The unrelated video:

Okay, this has me kind of confused. What I get from listening to what he read from the BATF memo was that if an FFL transferred the store's remaining inventory to his personal collection, then after getting rid of the license, he would be bound by the same regulations that determine if someone is in the business of selling guns. Seems clear to me.

I am assuming that the one regulation that the memo refers to explains under what criteria someone is determined to be in the "business" of selling firearms. I am guessing it is something like if they sell so many in a certain amount of time or something like that. That makes sense. It seems to me that the memo just states that the former FFL holder will be treated just like anyone else in that respect.

Can someone please explain to me if I am misunderstanding this? Because I am just not seeing what the issue is.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    You should see some of the responses I have sent to this brain dead, bleach white, never did a days work in his life, POS! Pretty sure I am on some list.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    This is what happens when you play defense too long, you lose. This Van Helsing guy should be trying to hold the water from the damn back. We need to support politicians that are willing to repeal certain laws, like the GCA of 68 or NFA of 34 and abolish the BATFE.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Doesn't his bill have to pass the Senate? Really, what are the chances......?

Unfortunately, pretty good if polls are to be believed. If things go the way the Dems and pollsters think they will, the 2A's days are numbered. If we're lucky you might get to keep your bolt guns (without scopes of course, because that makes them sniper guns).

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Can I ask a serious question... what the heck has Van Hollen actually done??

I didn't like Mikulski and I really didn't like Sarbanes, but on occasion, they actually did something of note for the people of MD. They supported our military bases during BRAC, they got investments for the MD Space Industry and GSFC, they supported the growth of the Port of Baltimore.

Cardin has done precious little that I can see, and Van Hollen has done absolutely nothing. He is an embarrassment on so many levels.

I mean, in seriousness, Van Hollen has only been a senator while in the minority. Minority rarely gets to do much and with Mitch running the GOP in the senate, not sure he has allowed any democrat bills to come up for vote.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    That's probably a good thing. Hope it stays that way.

The fact that NOTHING is allowed to be brought up that isn't Mitch's pet thing isn't really a good thing.

Means necessary, but small things can only get done when included as pork in some unrelated bill being added as a rider/amendment to try to get support.

Do I disagree or think its bad for our country 95% of the crap Democrats try to pass? Yeah.

But I'd say just about the same with Republicans too. Be nice if they could actually try talking to each other and pass common ground and compromise legislation. Been a long dang time since they've done any of that in any meaningful way. We used to get much better legislation when it happened and a lot more deliberation and thought went in to most of it.

Senate was designed to slow the process down, have more deliberation in legislation and make sure it was something really the majority of the majority agreed on. Not something controlled by one (Mitch) where no legislation can get done unless one party controlled congress and the white house AND that the majority of that party even agreed on the legislation (Mitch's bar for allowing legislation to come up for vote).

He needs to go as much as Pelosi and the others do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom