• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jul 1, 2012
    First mistake, going to St. Mary's Square :)

Good warning though as the natural instinct is to try to help... but insisting on going to your home is a big red flag.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I have no idea what this is about. Why don't you tell us? Just one little sentence.

Your link is useless.

One sentence won't do it... its a staged con that requires explaining.

I watched the first 10-11 minutes yesterday... this is from memory but I believe it is accurate:

Woman narrating is a social worker

Husband went to grocery store

Husband was approached by woman in dark glasses with severe bruising, obvious victim of domestic violence

Husband wants to help, calls wife (because social worker & knows people who can help)

Wife offers to put victim in contact with friend running women's shelter

'Victim' insists on coming to their house because she doesn't trust official sources of aid

After lengthy discussion, social worker wife gets clued in that the only goal is to get to 'good samaritan's house, whoever that may be

Wife talks to husband, husband confronts 'victim', who confirms other people are waiting in lot to follow them

Husband gets 'victim' out of car, takes the long way home

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I've heard of similar home invasion scams.

Frantic woman appears at door begging to come in, if homeowner opens door for her multiple assailants rush the door from hiding.

Lesson... if a stranger approaches you for help, resist the urge to be a white knight and call the authorities immediately.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    This may be our new reality for a while...............spidey senses and good instincts are going to go a long way and it doesnt hurt to have a CCW handy. Good people are targets..............today and 1,000 years ago that never changes.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Don't get involved in domestic issues. Even if it was legit, do you want her crazy, abusive husband coming after you? Call the cops and let them deal with it. They'll help them get medical treatment, social services, etc.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    One sentence won't do it... its a staged con that requires explaining.

I watched the first 10-11 minutes yesterday... this is from memory but I believe it is accurate:

Woman narrating is a social worker

Husband went to grocery store

Husband was approached by woman in dark glasses with severe bruising, obvious victim of domestic violence

Husband wants to help, calls wife (because social worker & knows people who can help)

Wife offers to put victim in contact with friend running women's shelter

'Victim' insists on coming to their house because she doesn't trust official sources of aid

After lengthy discussion, social worker wife gets clued in that the only goal is to get to 'good samaritan's house, whoever that may be

Wife talks to husband, husband confronts 'victim', who confirms other people are waiting in lot to follow them

Husband gets 'victim' out of car, takes the long way home

Thanks for the recap. I can't stand watching videos made by people starving for attention where they just ramble on and on

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Sounds like total BS.

Not believable in the least. Way too complicated.

Right. Occam's Razor says, "Bon Jour."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom