• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • euchre98

Feb 13, 2009
    Leonardtown
    Getting ready to put my house on the market. Looking for a reputable painter to do some interior painting.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    Abell's Custom Painting
    26377 Jones Wharf Rd
    Hollywood MD

240 538 6106

I’ve used them a couple of times and am happy with the work and price.
    They did a rental in Waldorf and I’m very particular.

jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    I would NOT recommend Certa Pro out of Waldorf, they had to come out 2 times to repaint after their contracted crews did such a poor job the first time, and a long fight to get them to come out and repaint it.

2 of my Neighbors have used Roys Painting out of Clinton and were happy with them, and from what I can see they did a good job. https://www.royspainting.com/

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    Wayne is definitely on the top end of the price spectrum. He is a nice guy and stands behind his work. Unfortunately I had to find out that he will stand by his work. I had to call him back twice to fix the work in the one room he painted for us.

Avoid James “Jim” Lawler painting out of Waldorf at all cost.

Several of my neighbors used Alex Holman and were pleased with him. I can’t speak for his work from personal experience but, my neighbors seemed happy with him.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    SO OP, euchre98, YOU need to decide what paint to use, we have member MDCTSV who runs a Benjamin Moore store, and I recommend Ben Moore paint.
    I've used it for 40+ years.
    The question is - WHICH line of paint? Aura is top-of the line but $69 a gallon contractor price is tough to take - it IS the best wall paint out there, good for fine home walls.
    The Select is a very fine line and is probably what I'd use - Matte on walls, Semi-gloss on trim and doors. $45 ish my price.
    I would use the 508 Ceiling Paint - it can be tinted to any color, it is about $39 my price and it is -hands down - THE best ceiling paint on the market.

No matter what, on the woodwork I use the Select line - 551 -01 White Semigloss. Or another color, but 551 base. I don't think Aura is worth it for semigloss or eggshell,
    and I DEFINITELY would not use anything less than the Select line on woodwork.

Advance is great, but I usually use it on built-ins and kitchen cabinets. It's a little harder to work with, runs more. But levels great and dries hard.

For the walls, you could go down to Ultra 500 and save money. But there is no Matte finish, only flat and eggshell for your walls. Eggshell too shiny.

You need to know if your woodwork is currently oil base or latex paint. Maybe same with the bathrooms. Sometimes they were painted in oil paint.
    This is very important! You might need a primer. There ways to find this out.

Agreed! Wayne is good people! I run a Ben Moore paint store in Sunderland and he’s a regular.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    Wayne is definitely on the top end of the price spectrum. He is a nice guy and stands behind his work. Unfortunately I had to find out that he will stand by his work. I had to call him back twice to fix the work in the one room he painted for us.

That shows he is a damn good professional! Do you know how many have the "Tail light warranty?" And never answer your calls.
    Good for Wayne!

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    That shows he is a damn good professional! Do you know how many have the "Tail light warranty?" And never answer your calls.
    Good for Wayne!

He has a good reputation around here for sure and charges accordingly. He had no problem coming back the next day to correct the mistake and again the next day to correct the same mistake. It was certainly a really silly mistake to make. He did drywall point and with less than 30 minutes on the wall he painted. He came back sanded and skim coated and started painting before it had any chance to dry. Same mess again!
    He stood by his work and was out again the next day to correct it. I applaud him returning the next day twice to fix things but, it was a pain to rework my schedule to be there to let him come in to fix the mistakes.
    I will say the final product was done well. He was prompt, professional, and friendly.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    I couldn't ask for anything more. If that happened to me, I would schedule the fix around my clients' calendar.
    I'm pretty fortunate - I have great eyesight and use alot of lights which show defects clients would never see.
    I'm thorough and not in a rush. Good for Wayne and any other contractor who comes and makes things right!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom