• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maki

Jun 11, 2020
    Odenton
    So, I've been reading a ton of conflicting responses online and figured I'd make my own post (since most of what I've found is 2 years or older and I'm also not sure if it applies currently).

With AR9 Pistols, if I purchase a serialized 9mm stripped lower, do I have to re-register it as being built into a pistol?

With any of the 80% pistol builds, do they need to be serialized and then paperwork submitted?

I'm looking at the consequences of a using these in a self defense situation, if by not having them registered as pistol/serialized, if that can come back to bite me in the ass.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    So, I've been reading a ton of conflicting responses online and figured I'd make my own post (since most of what I've found is 2 years or older and I'm also not sure if it applies currently).

With AR9 Pistols, if I purchase a serialized 9mm stripped lower, do I have to re-register it as being built into a pistol?

With any of the 80% pistol builds, do they need to be serialized and then paperwork submitted?

I'm looking at the consequences of a using these in a self defense situation, if by not having them registered as pistol/serialized, if that can come back to bite me in the ass.
    You do not need to register or serialized an 80%. I have several of mine serialized, but never registered, just in case they are stolen. That’s just me.

If you buy a complete 9mm lower that is stripped, it can be made into a pistol if it has NEVER been a rifle.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    BTW, stripped complete dedicated serialized pistol lowers are C&C. There should be no 7 day waiting period(unless the state changed that this year) assuming we're talking about Md laws.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    BTW, stripped complete dedicated serialized pistol lowers are C&C. There should be no 7 day waiting period(unless the state changed that this year) assuming we're talking about Md laws.

This. They are indeed cash and carry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom