• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FreeState

Ultimate Member
    Oct 31, 2010
    White Marsh
    Josh,

Thank you for your feedback once again. I personally mailed you a gift certificate over a week ago. Being that you did not receive I would just ask you contact me directly. I gave you my personal cell phone number to contact me if you have any issues going forward. I will call you directly in a few and we can discuss off line.

Thank you
    Drew

FreeState

Ultimate Member
    Oct 31, 2010
    White Marsh
    Josh,

We tried everything we could do to make a wrong a right. Come see me, Randy Farmer, directly and I will personally give you a gift certificate or CASH. Everyone that knows us, knows that we do our best to take care of our customers.

Thanks
    Randy

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I havent done alot of business with freestate due to their location from me, but the few times ive been in there its been crazy busy. Standing room only kinda busy so im sure thats all kinda hectic and things can absolutley take longer to get done unless you are staying after hours to get it done. I have dealt with Randy and he seems like a pretty good guy from the few times i met him. I also Ended up having crabs at a guys house when a friend was in town and while there found out the guy was the other Part owner . We talked for hours and i thought he as well was a great guy. Im sure they will do their best to make it right.

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    Josh, We tried everything we could do to make a wrong a right. Come see me, Randy Farmer, directly and I will personally give you a gift certificate or CASH. Everyone that knows us, knows that we do our best to take care of our customers. Thanks Randy

Stand up move. Well done.

blankford

Apr 29, 2015
    Bel Air
    Freestate staff

I was in there last night and it had been about 2 months since I'd been in. It looks like they have hired/replaced a lot of staff. I saw a couple familiar faces but mostly new ones. However, this could've just been a fluke based on the night I was up there.

My range experience was excellent as always. Greeted with a smile and the bare minimum of basic questions. On the lane within 3 minutes of walking in the door. Put about 100 rounds of 9mm down range and then another 200 of 223/5.56. I had just put a new gas block on my AR and was happy to see it function perfectly.

After my range session I browsed the pistol cases a little bit and held a Beretta 92fs compact, 92fs full size and a CZ 75B. There were two girls working the main counter, neither of them could've weighed more than 115lbs. Not exactly the staff you are used to seeing up there.

They were both extremely friendly, the same girl is the one who got me setup on the lane and also showed me the 3 pistols aftewards. However, she didn't know jack squat about them. Now, I'm not expecting the staff to know every detail about every gun but I'm used to a little friendly small talk about the basic specs of the gun.

She also didn't clear the third gun before handing it to me and also fanned herself with it repeatedly while taking it in and out of the case. She also grabbed two Glock's while I was saying "Beretta" before I had to actually step a little behind the counter and poke the one I wanted her to take out.

Haha it's kind of stupid little stuff but it all just kind of took me off guard because I'm not used to knowing more about how to do their job then the actual employee and not used to seeing two girls (kids) working the counter.

Regardless, it won't keep me from visiting what is easily my favorite range in MD.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Several shops have impressed me and they get my business. I will also send people to them because I know they will do what is right.

My experiences at some shops haven't been that good. Don't care. Just won't go back. I am a firm believer that the customers will eventually dictate the success of the business. With that said, businesses have NO excuse for treating a customer bad. I don't care how busy they are. If they are doing that well and the phones are ringing off the hook then they should hire more people. Make it right when the customer is there. Not after they say something bad about you.

I happened to be in a shop in Rockville yesterday (NOT Engage) and was asking what BCG's they have in stock. Nice older gentleman was helping me and asked if I was looking for something specific. I told him Colt BCG's. He gave me a strange look and asked why I was in interested in Colt BCG's. I'm paraphrasing what he said here..."we recommend that our customers swap out stock BCG's for one of the newer ones with the better finish...Colt BCG's aren't good but I'll leave them in my older rifles."

He obviously is giving bad advice, selling an expensive BCG and probably keeping the Colt for himself. Against my better judgement I went in that store. Completely my fault for going in that shop as people tell me all the time that they are overpriced and don't know anything.

Glock_Fireman

Professional Pot Stirrer
    Apr 6, 2013
    Freedom Land
    So my sister went in about a week ago to purchase her first handgun and was told she was getting a Glock 26 Gen 4 and I was kind of proud of her. Come to find out yesterday it was actually a Gen 3 and that was verified when she sent me pictures and I questioned the Stipling and Mag release. When she called the shop they told her "In the system they had it as a Gen 3." She was looking at another firearm which they talked her out of which pissed me off. Seems to me they like to manipulate their customers and don't give 2 shits what their customers want. I as a First Responder and Glock enthusiast this pisses me off. They literally took advantage of her by first talking her out of what she wanted and calling it junk and 2 causing her to spend more money and lying about the generation of the Glock. And honestly if you are that blind or don't know your guns that well you should not be in a gun shop selling firearms or talking about what is good or what is bad. Lesson now is Freestate just lost 2 customers who have been in there multiple times because of this mistake.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    So my sister went in about a week ago to purchase her first handgun and was told she was getting a Glock 26 Gen 4 and I was kind of proud of her. Come to find out yesterday it was actually a Gen 3 and that was verified when she sent me pictures and I questioned the Stipling and Mag release. When she called the shop they told her "In the system they had it as a Gen 3." She was looking at another firearm which they talked her out of which pissed me off. Seems to me they like to manipulate their customers and don't give 2 shits what their customers want. I as a First Responder and Glock enthusiast this pisses me off. They literally took advantage of her by first talking her out of what she wanted and calling it junk and 2 causing her to spend more money and lying about the generation of the Glock. And honestly if you are that blind or don't know your guns that well you should not be in a gun shop selling firearms or talking about what is good or what is bad. Lesson now is Freestate just lost 2 customers who have been in there multiple times because of this mistake.

What does you being a firefighter has to do with this?

What did your sister say about the situation?

Who cares if it is a Gen4 or Gen3. It's kind of on the buyer to know. And if they some how talked her "out of the Gen4" then so be it. If they lied and sold the Gen3 as a Gen4 perhaps you have a point.

3 sides to every story.

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member

Doesn't the box have a label saying what it is?

Or the receipt?

And not for nothing....but if she went in a week ago to pick it out how did she get the gun? Maryland had a 7 day waiting period and hasn't Free State been closed since last Tuesday due to coronavirus?

Seems like there is more to this story than we are hearing

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium

Or the receipt?

And not for nothing....but if she went in a week ago to pick it out how did she get the gun? Maryland had a 7 day waiting period and hasn't Free State been closed since last Tuesday due to coronavirus?

They're open by appointmemt and for customer pick up.

Glock_Fireman

Professional Pot Stirrer
    Apr 6, 2013
    Freedom Land

Or the receipt?

Receipt says gen 4 but their computer says gen 3. And like someone else said open by appointment and for pick-up and she picked up yesterday. It was used and didn't come with a box.

And older Glocks don't have gen on them only ones clearly marked from the beginning were gen 4 and gen 5.

Glock_Fireman

Professional Pot Stirrer
    Apr 6, 2013
    Freedom Land
    Um, wouldn't it be on your sister to know what she was buying?

Brand new to the gun scene and unfortunately I was not able to go with her to assist. So yeah it is but it is but also the employees responsiblity to tell the truth and know the stuff in the store period no excuses.

Glock_Fireman

Professional Pot Stirrer
    Apr 6, 2013
    Freedom Land
    What does you being a firefighter has to do with this?

What did your sister say about the situation?

Who cares if it is a Gen4 or Gen3. It's kind of on the buyer to know. And if they some how talked her "out of the Gen4" then so be it. If they lied and sold the Gen3 as a Gen4 perhaps you have a point.

3 sides to every story.

That bottom part is the point that pisses me off because that is the case.

And it wasn't another Glock they talked her out of to be honest it was a Taurus but she enjoyed shooting mine so that was what she wanted.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    To be honest, Taurus is the bottom end of firearms. So, it is reasonable to try and talk someone out of one. They are hardly known for their quality. Now with that said, if the store doesnt think something is worthwhile, they probably shouldnt be selling it.

Glocks are Glocks and are known to be reliable. I understand you are upset, but is your sister?

Glock_Fireman

Professional Pot Stirrer
    Apr 6, 2013
    Freedom Land
    To be honest, Taurus is the bottom end of firearms. So, it is reasonable to try and talk someone out of one. They are hardly known for their quality. Now with that said, if the store doesnt think something is worthwhile, they probably shouldnt be selling it.

Glocks are Glocks and are known to be reliable. I understand you are upset, but is your sister?

Yes she is. And called the store which is how she knows the store has gen 3 on the computer but all the paperwork says Gen 4.

gunismyfriend

Apr 24, 2017
    Receipt says gen 4 but their computer says gen 3. And like someone else said open by appointment and for pick-up and she picked up yesterday. It was used and didn't come with a box.

And older Glocks don't have gen on them only ones clearly marked from the beginning were gen 4 and gen 5.

If receipt says gen 4, then they owe her a gen 4. Period.
    Whatever the computer says doesn't matter.
    IANAL, but as a regular consumer, I'd expect that something can be done about this.
    I could be wrong, though.

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    Once again freestate failed to make contact again. I posted a review on their Facebook page to make them aware of this issue. 20 mins after posting my review they replied asking for me to send them my cell phone number so they could talk to my about it. I sent my number later on that day and still haven't gotten a reply. Tomorrow it will be a week without a response. I messaged the freestate Facebook last night saying there was no follow up. The message was opened up and viewed by someone who ha access to the page and did not reply.

How do you run business and have terrible customer service?

So, you don't think you've worn this out yet? If it was me, and I was that chapped, I would have taken all of my work elsewhere at the first sign they were dropping the ball. You DO know other companies do Cerakoteing, right?
    You're not happy with these guys, okay, we get it. You're providing a valuable public service by warning all of your form pals that a gun shop that does custom stuff can't meet their schedule, check. They don't return phone calls or shower you with free stuff, roger, copy all.
    Now you're beginning to just whine. And it's showing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom