• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland
    This is...I mean really. Admins, he's not banned why? 1 post and THIS is the question that's asked? We know people are trying to infil this forum with nonsense, but this one doesn't even seem like that - it just seems like the kind of question that indicates a lot about a person the 2a movement doesn't want to be associated with is all I'm saying.

That said, google is your friend far more than this forum will be for this type of (extremely answered) question.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    So I've been going to Myrtle Grove gun range for about a year, and now looking to buy my first rifle. I'm by far not a felon, but what would prevent me from buying a rifle?
    To add to this question, I had started shooting 10 minutes before time, DNR had came and ran my ID, if I wasn't supposed to have a weapon, I'm quite sure she would have said something correct?

If you are still around, you may have noticed that writing your first post without going to the introduction thread and introducing yourself will get you flamed like throwing gasoline on a bonfire. You're not the first, and won't be the last.

It's good that you're not a felon. Have you been convicted of a misdemeanor with possible jail term of more than one year? If not, you could be good to go.

When you fill out the form to buy a rifle, you will answer a bunch of questions. These will determine if you can buy a rifle. If you lie, you have committed a felony. The FFL will call in a background check. If you pass, you can purchase the rifle.

Most likely, the DNR officer only checked to see if you had any outstanding warrants or prior DNR violations. They didn't do the same level of check that happens when you buy something.

So what is it in your life that has you concerned that you might not be able to buy a rifle?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If you feel the need to ask that , there's probably a reason in your mind that you think you can't .

Don't even tell us , it's probably not exotic enough to be amusing to us . Instead , ask your Firearms knowledgeable lawyer . ( Implied hint - you need him, and it is privileged communication )

It has been semi- humorously sugguested to try to buy one, and find out . But falsely fill out the form ( ok , computer screen nowdays ) is a felony in itself .

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County

Attachments

• robinsonstrex_zps192ad41c.jpg
      robinsonstrex_zps192ad41c.jpg
      19.2 KB · Views: 296

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    What's wrong with a kiss, boy? Hmm? Why not start her off with a nice kiss? You don't have to go leaping straight for the clitoris like a bull at a gate. Give her a kiss, boy.

This guy gets it.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I have read the initial post several times. Not only does it not make sense to me, I think it has given me a brain tumor.
    I need ibuprofen and a nap now.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Looks like somebody is drunk posting from mommy’s basement again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    So I've been going to Myrtle Grove gun range for about a year, and now looking to buy my first rifle. I'm by far not a felon, but what would prevent me from buying a rifle?
    To add to this question, I had started shooting 10 minutes before time, DNR had came and ran my ID, if I wasn't supposed to have a weapon, I'm quite sure she would have said something correct?

As many have stated, a nuts first post. ut if you really want to know, to an LGS and pick out the long gun you want then fill out the NICS form. You'll get your answer soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom