• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    $42 per extra magazines. Getting into STI prices there. If I wasn't sitting on six other 9mms, I'd be taking a look at this.

Yes, I'm grateful that it comes with 4. I saw some on Armslist the other day selling for $36 but, they were already long gone.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    $42 per extra magazines. Getting into STI prices there. If I wasn't sitting on six other 9mms, I'd be taking a look at this.

Yes, I'm grateful that it comes with 4. I saw some on Armslist the other day selling for $36 but, they were already long gone.

Sorry, that should have said nine 9mm handguns :lol:. $36 is a more reasonable price, but I'd rather spend $20ish per mag or less unless it's a high-strung competition gun.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I knew that sounded low for you!

Yep and a 15-rounder for a Sig is gonna run ya about $50.

I'm used to paying $40 for Wilson Combat mags for my 1911's, though. $42 is a little up there but, I wouldn't call it outrageous. It's pricey for sure.

And here I am over here sitting in my throne made out of $8 Korean 17s and fun sticks for my Glock 17.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    And here I am over here sitting in my throne made out of $8 Korean 17s and fun sticks for my Glock 17.

Pics or it didn't happen. LOL

Next time you're gonna be out at IWLA or up in Fredneck, let me know and I'll let you shoot the Type B. It might look (a little) like a Glock but it sure doesn't shoot anything like one.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Pics or it didn't happen. LOL

Next time you're gonna be out at IWLA or up in Fredneck, let me know and I'll let you shoot the Type B. It might look (a little) like a Glock but it sure doesn't shoot anything like one.

Which IWLA? LoL. I am member at Damascus.

I'd love to give it a try. I've been eyeing one up for an eventual purchase.

A Cz75 is probably a bit higher on my list right now, but I am definitely down for new and interesting guns for the collection. $40+ for a magazine doesn't phase me too much. Just might mean I only get a few, rather than boxes of mags.

PS I sadly don't have an actual throne of Glock mags, but I probably do have almost as many as I do STANAG magazines. Sometimes when you are ordering other mags you just go "oh, on sale, $16 for a couple more KCI mags? Why not". Ends up adding up. I really need a ruger PCC to go with said mags and G17.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Damascus. I could meet you and Outrider out there again sometime for some trigger time with the Archon Type B.

hcbDemT.jpg

Yeah, everyone should have at least one CZ-75 in their safe but, they're pretty easy to find. By comparison, I had to do some hunting to track-down a new Archon Type B. There's not many dealers in the area that keep them in-stock and current demand has exceeded supply from RUAG. I had a very good experience with purchasing from Vienna Arsenal. If anyone would know when the next batch are coming in, it would be them.

I like to have at least six magazines per pistol and the Archon Type B comes with 4 so that's a pretty good value. Only need to get a couple more. FYI - Taran Tactical makes a 17 round extension for the CZ 75 that also works for the Type B's magazines. I was thinking about getting a couple of them, too.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Has it been six months since I shot a pistol? Seems like it has been longer than that but, today I decided to take a break from .22 rifles and burn 100 rounds out of my 9mm stash with the mighty Archon Type B.

9ytPPNO.jpg

Grabbed the Archon Type B and a couple boxes of Federal 124gr FMJ that I ordered back in August 2020 from Federal Direct and headed out to shoot some steel targets this morning. I realize that may seem frivolous and even wasteful these days but, hey, I needed to see how much my handgun skills had deteriorated and the conclusion I reached was, not as much as I feared. I still suck. I just didn't suck as badly as I thought I would suck after a six month break.

Of course, I gotta give all the credit to the Archon Type B for being a really good gun, even in the hands of an irritable geezer with failing vision in one eye. I can't imagine how much better it would be for someone younger, who actually had their shit together.

It felt good to get out again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom