Sig 365 and 365XL Magazine Compatibility?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    While all Sig/Sauer stuff seems to be overpriced to me, they have a real monopoly on the P365 series magazines.

I spoke with the MecGar rep about P365 mags at the Harrisburg show on Feb 10 while I was there and he told me that they could not sell the mags themselves like they do for CZ and a dozen others. I was told that they do build mags for Sig, but that Sig owns the tooling and will not allow independent sales.

In other news:

Left to right:
    X/XL 10 round mag, unmodified
    X/XL 10 round mag, now 12 due to missing dimples
    X/XL 12 round mag
    X/XL 12 round mag with P365 adapter floorplate
    P365 10 round Pinkie mag

365Mags.jpg

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Interesting on the Mec-Gar mags as I have several for my P229 enhanced that I got from a vendor. They are marked as Mec-Gar mags, not Sig mags, but obviously for Sig. That said, I bought them several years ago when I built that pistol, as they are higher capacity than the std Sig mags were for that particular model.

IMG_8191.jpg

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Interesting on the Mec-Gar mags as I have several for my P229 enhanced that I got from a vendor. They are marked as Mec-Gar mags, not Sig mags, but obviously for Sig. That said, I bought them several years ago when I built that pistol, as they are higher capacity than the std Sig mags were for that particular model.
    I believe Sig has essentially told their OEM manufacturers for their newer model magazines (P320, P365, MPX, P322) that they cannot independently sell their magazines. I'm not sure this is a patent licensing limitation or some kind of other negotiated deal, but it's a change from the old P226 days to be sure.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I believe Sig has essentially told their OEM manufacturers for their newer model magazines (P320, P365, MPX, P322) that they cannot independently sell their magazines. I'm not sure this is a patent licensing limitation or some kind of other negotiated deal, but it's a change from the old P226 days to be sure.
    That could very well be.. I'm sure they were biting into the business.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Sig OWNS MecGar's P365 magazine tooling.

Sig mags marked 'Made in Italy' are MecGar. Others are marked 'Made in USA' and are by another manufacturer, can't recall who.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Isn't the claim to fame for the P365 that Sig designed the magazine first and then created a gun to use it? I'd be shocked if they didn't keep that mag close to the vest and charge accordingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom